Sign in to follow this  
markiemrboo

I Have Given Up!

:D it's been.. interesting! It's kept me occupied, and rather pee'd off but still! Better than being totally bored and doing UNI WORK! I seem to have a fair amount of bad luck these days, but meh... I must be crazy to keep trying these things.

Now sorting out drivers sooo i'll report back with some results in a few hours I expect. It's gonna take me a long time till I am convinced it's now stable (if it even is!!)

Oh and I quite like the red patriot heatspeaders :rolleyes:

lol yes this has been an interesting one. heck just look at the size of the thread ;) lol....I hope this ram takes care of the problem. Make sure you post back with results :)

:D must say thank you all, yet again :)

TCCD is a little bit weird :) But.. i've got me vdimm mod back and I am running 2.96v and it's at 250 2-3-3-11 memtest test 4 at the moment. That's not bad at all! Memtest is saying 2675MB/s .. which is 1000MB/s more than my NF7 at 230MHz 2-2-2-11 :)

However, it's only memtest. My single stick of BH-5 was passing memtest at 250MHz 2-2-2-5 but.. prime was failing.. sooo, meh

Just got 10 errors on test 5 :) So since this isn't BH-5.. I guess I have to try 2.5-3-3-11, right? I've read about some TCCD actually liking more voltage, give it a bit more voltage and it'll run lower timings, but won't run higher FSB... or something like that. Is this right? Cause I would be happy with 250MHz 2-3-3-11 so if I just need to give it a bit more voltage i'll do that!

EDIT: yeah so what kinda volts do you think I should go for? 0.1v over spec shouldn't hurt, so 3.05v??

Actually TCCD does NOT like high voltage. That is one of the things that makes it so great. It runs high fsb and tight timings on low volts. What is the rated vdimm for 250mhz on your TCCD ram? I would suggest trying 2.5-3-3-7 @ 250mhz with a vdimm of 2.8v and see how it does.

0.1v over spec? hmmm confuzzed went over specs on his and killed it if I remember correctly lol like I said TCCD does NOT like high voltages.

Oh! Some people over at XS tried and like... looser timings became unstable but tighter timings became stable... they reckon newer TCCD (and patriot gets mentioned ALOT here) doesn't mind volts, and that the samsung whitesheet rates the chips to 3.6v. Of course, I don't know how much of this is true. However, I stuck it up to 3.12v and it's doing memtest without those 10 errors now, so I think it must have some sort of effect? Dunno.. i'll leave it for a couple of passes and see what happens.

http://www.xtremeresources.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34929

Oh and the ratings on my RAM. It's like ... 2.85-2.95v for 266MHz 3-4-4-8 I think it was. Which is a bit pooey really, 2.75-2.85v would have been around 233MHz 2.5-3-3-8 I think... but I am aiming for 250, not 233, soooo :) and I want atleast CAS2.5 :rolleyes:

There's a lot of debate about the TCCD voltage thing. Some folks are getting better performance giving it voltage, others by giving it less. One of the OCZ reps said that they're just anomalies in the production run. Either way, an interesting development.

Oh right! Well, i've alot of tweaking to do either way :) It eventually got a few errors in test 8 so perhaps mine don't like voltage that much or.. whatever :D

I'm 2.9v ish now (can't remember exactly, 2.87v I think) and.. 2.5-3-3-11 like Nerm suggested.

Actually, what's the best last number thing for A64 dual channel? Is it still around 11 or is it 7/8 now?

EDIT: Eek cool. Never mind. Just went from 11 to 7 and got 100MB/s more in memtest, which is exactly what I lost going from CAS2 to 2.5. Feels like I am learning something new every 5 minutes today :D

I prefer to run TRAS at 7 or 8 but it doesn't really matter on A64's I personally don't suggest running it any higher than 10 though. If 2.5-3-3-7 doesn't pass memtest at 250mhz then run it again with timings of 2.5-4-3-8 and see how it does. :)

EDIT: aren't you glad you listened to me to go to TRAS 7? lol j/k :P

Okie doke :) Thanks!

You think 2.87v is ok then? Or should I lower it a little bit more? Or... if it passes memtest... does it really matter? :rolleyes: Doesn't feel right that I can't give it more voltage and it'll start passing memtest magically :D

EDIT: yes I am!! Thanks :thumbs-up: Didn't realise that one could make such a difference!!!!

My MC seems to be very sensitive to timings. Above 250 HTT I have to run 2.5-4-3-10 or 2.5-3-3-10. I need to get down to tweaking the timings some more. Still pullin' 7000MB/s in SSSandra though.

Yeah, the voltage thing is weird, huh? Sort of counter-intuitive to not raise voltage on the RAM.

:lol: yeah you got that one right. Unfortunately it failed on test 8.. hmm! annnd I forgot to set the AGP clock to 67MHz again. Ooooops!

Does the Epox work the same way as the Neo2 with the PCI lock? Has to be set to 67?

I am not sure if the Epox has to be set to 67 for the PCI/AGP lock or not but on the Neo's I know it does. lol yes at 250mhz you need the AGP/PCI lock on lol.....

what specs just failed on test 8 in memtest? the 2.5-3-3-7, 2.87vdimm?