I Have Given Up!

Well I am at 235 2-3-3-7 and it's passed memtest and prime aint failed yet, on it's third run of the 1024k test. I think perhaps I was just pushing the RAM a bit too far on 2-2-2 timings that time? Or.. something... although only one of the 1024k rounds so far has been the M19xxxx ones, the second try was M18xxxxx and the third try is M18xxxx. Last time it failed on some M19xxxxx one all the time. Maybe I just haven't caught it yet and it'll fail as soon as I do :blink:

I'll be testing for a long while yet I think :)

Actually, I wrote down what it kept failing on before:

M19374367

M19922945

and it passed those two in the first round of the 1024k repeated testing I have going on. So it might actually be alright :D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I can't get myself to do that though! If prime goes fine for loads of repeated tests now then i'll be happy, then I move on to gaming to see if that's alright :)

I dunno, I just have it in my head now, you know? I won't be convinced it is working properly till it'll prime properly :) But I do need to play some CS very soon before I start twitching or something!

I'm currently getting 6181MB/s in Sandra 05 memory bandwidth benchmark thinger. Is that any good or should I be getting a little higher?

I'm currently getting 6181MB/s in Sandra 05 memory bandwidth benchmark thinger. Is that any good or should I be getting a little higher?

434458[/snapback]

That's probably right in the ballpark. For comparison, I'm right around 7000MB/s at 255x10, 2.5-4-3-10, 200MaxMem, 1T.

Thanks Mr r :) Looks like it's on the right lines in terms of performance then atleast! Do you have that 'Performance: normal/fastest" option in BIOS set to fastest? You know the one I am talking about? It's under the menu where you set the CPU multiplier, HTT frequency and voltages I think. I have no idea what it does, but I have it set to fastest.

Things seem to be going well now... although I have no idea why it wasn't working earlier. Still, there's plenty more time in the world for it to screw up on me again :)

UPDATE: Prime aint failed for a long time with the 1024k tests like it used to so.. I think I might well have it sussed now. Musta just been pushing the RAM too hard with 2-2-2 timings at 215 I guess.. so I am doing a quick memtest at 233 2-3-3-7 then i'll do some gaming, see if it blue screens on me or anything. Then.. i'll call it a night and try get it up to 250 tomorrow. Providing this memtest doesn't fail. It shouldn't do though..

Sounds like your are doing ok now. I hope it keeps going error free. It may have just been the memory was needing to burn in first before it could perform like it was supposed to. My gskill was like that.

So it's probably still burning in then I guess? But yeah, it did memtest and got a single error in test 8, bumped the vdimm up a tiny bit from 2.73v to 2.76v and it did two passes.. sooo I am now back folding, see how that goes and... time to install sound drivers and play some CS see if I blue screen any more :)

I think it's all OK now! :D

Once it is burned in you should be able to run. 250mhz @ 2.5-3-3-7, 2.8v but I would let it burn in for a while longer first. BTW what was your multi and HTT multi when you was running 250mhz?

Alrighty :D I'll leave it folding for a few days and some CS etc etc. Should do it.

I went and set my HTT multi to 3x straight off just to make sure, though I could probably use 4x but meh, don't really care about that one much right now :) CPU multi, it's a 3000+, so 9x there = 2.2GHz

well I was gonna say 24 hours for burn in but a few days works too I guess lol. your board should be already doing 4x HTT multi until you get to about 260mhz.

lol yeah, I need to see if it's properly stable as it is first.. that'll take me a few days to be satisfied with it you see :) could blue screen in CS for all I know, although I feel pretty confident that it's ok now.

Just stuck it at 4x as you suggested. What should I notice an improvement on by changing that to 4x? Anything at all? lol

Do you have that 'Performance: normal/fastest" option in BIOS set to fastest? You know the one I am talking about? It's under the menu where you set the CPU multiplier, HTT frequency and voltages I think. I have no idea what it does, but I have it set to fastest.

434472[/snapback]

You should disable this this could be causeing ram instability also make sure cool n quiet is off as well now for your ram its PDP so feeding it volts wont hurt it but it wont gain you nothing i have fed mine 3.3v and there still alive but i would try these settinsg

4 x HTT

and

2.5-3-3-6 2.6v-2.7v NO MORE!! ;) on XS the only board they are pumping that much voltage threw is on the DFI Ultra d as it has Vdimm issuse of some sort so basicly 3.0v is like 2.7v that ram should do pretty well

x HTT rule of thumb :P

5X 200

4X 201-250

3X 250-300

2X 300 and up

by doing this it will help you overclok further than you though you could before :)

Edited by confuzzedintelguy