Official Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried getting insurance on an ST220? :lol: It was amusing watching some Insurers laugh at me, but Tesco came up smelling of roses. 500 notes ;)

The new Mondeo looks teh sxeh!

Bloody hell... that's aboot how much It cost me to be a named on my mum's car :lol: There's much to be said for no-claims :P

Bloody hell... that's aboot how much It cost me to be a named on my mum's car :lol: There's much to be said for no-claims :P

Well, it helps to not be a student too ;) I know my premium will go up at the end of the year, but I'm not too fussed :P It'll be cancelled out by the awesomeness of heated leather Recaro seats :P hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Well I figured I'd give you guys an update with my car... the reason I haven't posted here in a while and why I'm so behind on all this tech stuff! I've been working my tail off this summer because all these mods come out of my pocket! So I've got that V6 Mustang over on Page 12...

So far my mods are:

IAC Restrictor Gasket

Cold Air Intake

.45" G10 Phenolic Spacer

Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter

ASP 25% UDP

Sitting in my garage are:

2x Flowmaster Original 40 Mufflers

2x Magnaflow 18" x 4" SS Tips

1x BBK O2 Extensions

1x Pypes SS Exhaust Hangars

And on the way to my garage is:

1x SCT XCal2

1x Mac Ceramic Coated LT Headers

1x GT Rear Bumper

Yeah... I originally intended my exhaust install to cost $300... then I decided I needed all the supporting mods... then I needed long tube headers... then I needed a tuner... then I needed a GT bumper... costing me over $1k... But it'll all be worth it for that lovely rumble in the morning ;)

When I get more money here's what I've got planned:

I'm focusing on suspension next so my first buys will be

Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe connectors

Some 3 point strut tower brace

Eibach Pro-kit plus

Then sometime down the road...

8.8" Rear End w/ 3.73's

M112 Supercharger

Some 18" x 9"/10" Black FR500's... :wub:

Various paint/vinyl add-ons (decklid blackout, taillight outlines, repaint)

Cobra Front Bumper

Cobra Double Reverse Vent Hood

4.3L Stroker Kit

Ported/polished heads and TB

That's the basics of it, I'm sure there's a couple things I'm forgetting, haha, but those are mostly my dream plans! After going to a dealer and having a dealer insult my "6 banger" then being completely disappointed with that 2007 GT/CS I test drove... I'll be heading back there when my exhaust gets put on and setting off some alarms... :lol:

That's the basics of it, I'm sure there's a couple things I'm forgetting, haha, but those are mostly my dream plans! After going to a dealer and having a dealer insult my "6 banger" then being completely disappointed with that 2007 GT/CS I test drove... I'll be heading back there when my exhaust gets put on and setting off some alarms... :lol:

I bet those ceramic headers are going to cost a pretty penny :blink:

You test drove an 07 GT? What was disappointing about it? I've never driven one but I was considering taking one for a spin for giggles. 0-60 in just over 5 seconds for less than $30,000 seems like a bargain to me :lol:

I bet those ceramic headers are going to cost a pretty penny :blink:

You test drove an 07 GT? What was disappointing about it? I've never driven one but I was considering taking one for a spin for giggles. 0-60 in just over 5 seconds for less than $30,000 seems like a bargain to me :lol:

Well I'm not sure what kind of power I'm actually pushing right now, and the salesman didn't let me take it out and open it up i the top end where I'm sure it blows away my little sixer, but in the low end it didn't seem to pull all that much harder than mine, definitely not worth $20k more used after my trade-in. Plus just the way it felt... I felt so disconnected from the car and the handling was terrible! It felt like I was plowing through the turns, similar to with my moms Excursion! <_< And the gas pedal being drive by wire or whatnot just felt so foreign, and then the shifter just felt so unsure compared to my Steeda.

The Mac LT Headers weren't too bad... I dunno what's considered a lot, but I got a discount for only $295.00 same price some shops were selling the HTS ones for. Only problem is they really aren't making them anymore so it's taking 4-5 weeks after my order before they get in so I've got these lovely Flowmasters and Magnaflows sitting in my garage teasing me every time I see them! 4" Tips = B:)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2643506

2643506_9_full.jpg

backing up just a little bit to the pictures of the Focus ST220, since they changed to the MK-II platform that you see in that picture, BUT...

we cant get it in america.......well not as a focus. but if we buy a mazda3 or the volvo 40 series, its the same platform as the focus ST but in america. slight differences in trip and kit but really the same car.

backing up just a little bit to the pictures of the Focus ST220, since they changed to the MK-II platform that you see in that picture, BUT...

we cant get it in america.......well not as a focus. but if we buy a mazda3 or the volvo 40 series, its the same platform as the focus ST but in america. slight differences in trip and kit but really the same car.

Yep, they all use the Volvo T5 engine - 2.5l 225bhp :) Not surprising seeing as Ford owns Mazda and Volvo. The Mazda3 MPS is some piece of kit too - quicker than the ST and with more torque too ...

... as for the US guys, yeah, Verran was gutted that you guys are not able to get it over there, which is a shame, because it'd go down a treat!

• 1 month later...