Gpu Cascade

jsu

very nice i wish i had the skill to make something like that but isn't that insane for a 9600xt. I mean i myself would rather skip the cascade and save up for an x850. I mean you'll probably get a crazy overclock on that thing but an x850 would probably have like triple to quadruple the performance. It just seems like a waste of all the talent and perfromance that went into the cascade to be used on an 9600xt. Thats just my oppinion good job though how much for me you to make me one for my cpu :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why only a 9600XT?

414535[/snapback]

cause he spent all his money on the cascade :lol:

i wish i could get into that stuff....i mean i could pick all that stuff up at a junkyard for cheap cheap

i think a guide is in order :P

Iam currently having fun building these things. A cascade for your cpu would cost 1500+ prolly more. As for this one, i sortov slapped it together and wouldnt sell somthing of its caliber (not so great)

the grfx card industry is abit screwey now so iam going to save up and wait a bit before buying a card. i mean 2x6600gts in a sli beat a x850xt pe.

Edited by jsu

Guest Silenc3
2x6600gts in a sli beat a x850xt pe.

414671[/snapback]

Last time I ran benches the 6600's didnt...they were lucky to get 100 points more in futuremark05

but thats at a $400 cost plus the sli mobo and the other gfx card. for no real gain at all. so ya, get your info together and find this stuff out before you go blablin and giving out false info ok? ggkkbai

i think u should be expecting (with the v/mods on the gpu and mem) around 800-1 ghz on the mem, and around if ur lucky a 1 ghz oc on the gpu as wel... i wouldnt be suprized...

how much did u pay for the coolant + materials?

i think u should be expecting (with the v/mods on the gpu and mem) around 800-1 ghz on the mem, and around if ur lucky a 1 ghz oc on the gpu as wel... i wouldnt be suprized...

how much did u pay for the coolant + materials?

414689[/snapback]

after further research...i've found that it only costs around $100 or so. you can scavenge most of the parts.

here is a great link that i have learned alot from.

i plan on doing this soon :)

Very nice work, can't wait to see it finished and loaded.

And to clear something up...I do not have a working triple stage, yet. It's still in production, just moving very slow. The Baker CPU and GPU coolers are eating all of my time...as they are much fun to play with. It'll get done one day.

Thanks

I was at -80c but the system started going crazy before completely equalizing, turn out there is a area in the cap tube that was bent too much and had a leak. its fixed and i am evacing now.

^ have you built a 2 stage cascade yet?

Edited by jsu