Modding Update

Well, if any of you haven't seen it, I posted my vision a few weeks ago. Much time and effort later, I finally have some results worth showing, and I recently finished upgrading all the hardware for the new beast. :)

The Innards:

infinity ultra B

2500m @ 2500

1gig ocz el 2-3-2-6 @ 200fsb

geforce 6800nu, 6 vertex shaders

120gig sata seagate barricuda, 100gig wd ide

creative audigy 2 zs

The Outards:

post-70978-1267992856_thumb.jpg

The first thing I obviously had to do was remove those fan grills, yuck!

post-70978-1267992844_thumb.jpg

Here is a test fit of the radiator, perfect!

post-70978-1267992865_thumb.jpg

Then I made some cuts in the bottom of the case to allow the tubing to come out the bottom.

post-70978-1267992876_thumb.jpg

..attached the tubing

.. another angle

At this point, I knew I needed a shroud. I chose sheet metal as my material, and drew out a plan.

My first attempt at a shroud looked good, but the small size of the rim made it nearly impossible to create an airtite seal.

So I made another that surrounded the radiator

Then, I simply ran the rest of the tubing, cut holes in the front of the case for re-entry, and voila! THe watercooling is ready to be bled.

post-70255-1268006953_thumb.jpg

Shot of the complete loop.

Things I have left to do:

Paint the elbow joints black. Those white joints are an eye-sore

Cut hole for the psu plug I will be using to power my pump.

Cut hole in the top of the case for the dangerden fillport I will be using to fill the system.

Finish sleeving my psu (I had no idea how long it took!!!)

Cut hole in side window

Anyway, I am up for suggestions. Lemme know what you think! :)

Edited by ravix

If I double posted, the mods are quick, because its gone now. Sorry, if so.

The window will not show the side of the shroud, or I would probably paint it. I want as much of the case as possible to be black, and anything else to be copper/silver. I guess you could call it industrial, I call it matching my black accessories. I have a black logitech keyboard, mouse, and speakers. And a black samsung lcd monitor.

WHat do you guys think of the visible tubing? lame or cool?

Edited by ravix

heya ravix!

looks good bro, good to hear you getting a long nicely with the mods

yeah same here, id like to match up everyyhing the same color as i can, so thats why i painted my whole case black, interior as well, and soon im gonna paint my heatercore as well

the tubing looks crazy good, id like to see it when the system is actually running with the coolant

catch up with you later!

Edited by The_WRATH

As soon as I re-attach the feet of the case, they protrude lower than the tubing, as to protect it.

I know those tubes are pretty stiff, but it seems to me that your pump looks like it's been thrown in there all wrong, huh.gif dont know, maybe it's me.

What do you guys think unsure.gif

I got tygon tubing, so it at least has some manueverability, what looks out of place to you? I haven't velcro'd it in yet, so I can still move things around. I chose that spot so my video card/sound card would still fit and my fillport would be the highest part of my system, to make bleeding easier. But if you have a better suggestion, I am all ears.

Edited by ravix

i agree some paint. i was thinking if you chrome it. :P

but i like the water cooling idea. its very cool. hope it does well as far as it looks.

Suggestions:

it'll more cool if you put a UV reative light behind that UV reative coolant. so the water will light up.

Also an indicator will look cool, so you know its moving.(hard to do...)

But good job man.

I dunno maybe this is a stupid question.....but I really liked the way the rad looked fitted to the front of the case. Why did'nt you mount the fans so that the air was pulled through the rad instead of pushed through? With the fans mounted on the back of the rad you would also have the option to vent the hot air from the fans out the side of the case...just a suggestion. Looks good anyway nice job.

The window will not show the side of the shroud, or I would probably paint it. I want as much of the case as possible to be black, and anything else to be copper/silver. I guess you could call it industrial, I call it matching my black accessories. I have a black logitech keyboard, mouse, and speakers. And a black samsung lcd monitor.

405175[/snapback]

What I meant by baremetal was the case itself :lol: i like the mobo and rad, but the grey of the cases frame is just funny looking. Good thing your painting it. I did, and it brought a completely new perspective to my case.