Why Not? I Said

i mod everything i own, so why not mod my new technics home theater reciever?

so heres the begining....

tecmod.jpg

i was looking at junk in comp usa today and saw this in the clearance bin

MD-HDDF-CF602-pkg.jpg

so it was installed... er wedged into place :P

tecmod1.jpg

tecmod2.jpg

tecmod3.jpg

tecmod4.jpg

i also installed 3 red mini LEDs pointed at the fans, but when i powered everything up there was a definate noise interferance

removed the 3 LEDs and all is ok

i will soon add a cathod instead

and attempt to backlit the buttons and knobs B)

i've got a stereo amp from Technics and it has a load/temp activated fan in there... if yours only has passive heatsinks then it's been designed to operate on passive cooling alone... so, i don't see the point of fans either...

lights, windows, etc, however would be kinda snazzy... :)

i've got a stereo amp from Technics and it has a load/temp activated fan in there... if yours only has passive heatsinks then it's been designed to operate on passive cooling alone... so, i don't see the point of fans either...

lights, windows, etc, however would be kinda snazzy... :)

397222[/snapback]

yes it was designed for passive cooling, but it did put some heat off at high volume

youll have to wait and see what i do next

im definately NOT distroying the current case just to add junk to it

if i can make/find another then anything can happen

til then, i was considering accent lights and stuff

:lol: My home theater gets hot too even with a fan like hardnrg on it when i open the glass door to shut it off after a couple of movies, it's like opening an oven door lol :D

Btw, nice sig hardnrg :P

Edited by kobalt

:lol: My home theater gets hot too even with a fan like hardnrg on it when i open the glass door to shut it off after a couple of movies, it's like opening an oven door lol :D

Btw, nice sig hardnrg :P

397440[/snapback]

tip: leave the doors open a bit ;) i do that with mine and its keeps it a bit less toasty

tip to everyone who has their kit in an A/V display cabinet... mod the back with an exhaust fan at the top... or at least, mod an exhaust hole (or holes) at the back, at the top...

my amp would probably auto cut-out from thermal protection if i closed the doors... the fan spins even at relatively low output (~20%)

:lol: i've torn the backing off,but i think a quiet 120mm fan would help even more, i,ll see what i can do about that.

Another thing adding on the 1,000,000 things to do list on the house :lol:

Edit: Mine did shut off once while the volume was a bit too high, it was a good movie though :P

Edited by kobalt

I have dual 120 mm fans on my amp in my room...it's too much to ask a passive heatsink to deal with a 1200 watt output continuously. A couple of low speed fans make the difference between my movie/music session cutting out and pure musical bliss.