Xp120 Installed

yatstv

Well my bits arrived today, so i began with the removing and preperation of old and new fan.

dsc000070rx.jpg

dsc000044in.jpg

ohhhhh noooooooooooooo, bigo disaster, when i took out my old cpu cooler that came with the chip, it pulled the chip out with it (and the bar was down), a whole bunch of pins were bent quite badly. i took my time very carefully bending the pins all level again, they had to be exact, all untill it fitted snugly back in the socket.

got it all put together in the case and took it upstairs, pluged it in, switched it on ( saying my prairs ) and voilla. it worked, thank-god and my steady hands.

but the first thing that hit me was the power of this 120mm 190cfm fan, jesus its loud.

dsc000103ec.jpg

so all that heartache and messing about,

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to have that cpu have hooked up to the mobo

on the neo2 it doesn't boot or is not stable if u dont

i have the k8n neo2... and my cpu fan header is not connected... no boot/stability problems here...

(running bios v1.36b)

Very Nice, but be careful with it.

I feel you on the noise issue too. I have 4 of the Delta 120s cooling my condensor and compressor on the Baker cooling unit. They run full blast 90% of the time, and they easily drown out the noise the compressor makes. I had to put fan grills on mine though, niese and nephew are very inquisitive :D

yeah, thanx for all your comments, with the temps, they should drop when its run the new paste in more. i have hooked the rear fan up to the CPU plug and im running the CPU fan off power supply. i will get some LED's and wire them up on the fan so it looks better, might get a grill for it, cause i have that voice in my head going, go on put your finger in there, see what its like. i have to say again, god dang this fan is loud though, my PC is about 3/4 the volume of a hoover ( vacum cleaner ) and yeah, you dont have to tell me how lucky i was with them bent CPU pins, i dont know why it pulled out with the cooler, didnt even tug at it. i had to stop every couple of seconds cause of my hands shaking, i couldnt afford another chip.