Propane

Dvorak?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Dvorak?

• WTF?^^
    • Yay, I love Dvorak
    • Boo, I hate Dvorak

for XP this is how I did it

Control Pannel (Classic) > Regional And Language Settings > Languages tab > Details > Add

Then there is a box with two scrol thingies... for the first make it have "English (United States)" and in the second have it on "United States - Dvorak"

your thinking of this as maby changing a transmission from automatic to manual... you cant easilly go back... however think of it as learning another language, like English and Spanish, you dont forget English when you learn Spanish...

That and it is universal if you change 1 setting that takes about 1 minute to do...

On Microsoft's website they have a modified Dvorak layout which doesn't have any different keys that I use. It took me a while to get used to it, but now I can type a LOT faster than when I had a qwerty layout. It's fun watching people come over and start to type and then get confused.

All you have to do is pop off the keys and put them in the right places. My Logitech keyboard was harder though because two keys popped on different ways. I think J anf F went on sideways.

hmm, maybe it's faster than QWERTY (which was supposed to be designed to SLOW people down from typing so typewriters wouldn't jam up if i remember correctly?)

but then again, i get annoyed enough just switching to an American keyboard or even a mouse without the extra thumb buttons (i have a Intellimouse Explorer 3) or even a mouse without a scroll wheel (SO annoying)

basically, i have to go into uni/work and use whatever they got there... i can deal with not having thumb buttons at uni/work... and even go without firefox... but man, having to switch between QWERTY in uni/work and go back home and think/type in DVORAK would just do my head in...

On Microsoft's website they have a modified Dvorak layout which doesn't have any different keys that I use. It took me a while to get used to it, but now I can type a LOT faster than when I had a qwerty layout. It's fun watching people come over and start to type and then get confused.

All you have to do is pop off the keys and put them in the right places. My Logitech keyboard was harder though because two keys popped on different ways. I think J anf F went on sideways.

Yea, the two "home" keys have funny shaped bottoms :-\

But thats ok, I fixed it with some tape and paper :)

my first post ever in dvorak, it's sad, I am still switching between the two and still using qwerty on the dvorak layout. I guess I can still keyboard better then I thought I could. The problem is some of the keys aren't exactily the same size so I am starting to use feel cues for were the keys are. Your fingers don't extend nearly as much on this layout wierd feeling to type without hardly any hand movement.