Can Somebody Tell Me Why The Media Hasn't Said...

General Lee

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this does affect us here at home.  This is part of the war on terror and that is definitely affecting us here at home. And we are winning.

We're only "winning" until it happens again.

It's not a question of "if," its a question of "when."

What I found interesting, is a little over a month ago I would be watching a speech by Bush saying how the world is safer from terror because we went into Iraq, then I switch to another channel and there is the Russian School Bombing... The worlds safer? Hardly... <_<

His number, though partially true, are distorted as well (they are on both sides). The "75% on known terrorists" is only terrorists that we know and only terrorists who were involved in the 9/11 attack. Not the leaders of Al Queda today.

We have only spent 1.2 billion of the 18 billion that we pledged for the reconstruction.

Only 8,000 of the "100,000 trained" have received the full, 8 week training course, the others have had a three week training.

I'm sure you were smart enough to look all of this up yourself, I'll just reiterate for you. (Kerry made quite a few mistakes as well, I can point those out for you if you want).

We're only "winning" until it happens again.

It's not a question of "if," its a question of "when."

What I found interesting, is a little over a month ago I would be watching a speech by Bush saying how the world is safer from terror because we went into Iraq, then I switch to another channel and there is the Russian School Bombing... The worlds safer? Hardly... <_<

Bottom line is YES we are winning the war on terror. The Russian School Bombing is slightly unrelated, as it involves Chechnyan separatists aiming to drive Russia out of Chechniya.

here are the underlying questions you have to ask yourself. Is the world a safer place without the Taliban in power? Is the world a safer place without Saddam in power? Is Al Quada's top leaders and organization hiding in rat holes up in the mountains?

Majority of people will answer yes to this question, as it only takes common sense to realize that we are safer here at home.

As far as a terrorist attack happening again, I would concur that it probably would. These terrorists won't stop until we kill every single one of them.

In short, Bush has done more to combat Terrorism than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT in ANY NATION on this EARTH!

Bottom line is YES we are winning the war on terror. The Russian School Bombing is slightly unrelated, as it involves Chechnyan separatists aiming to drive Russia out of Chechniya.

here are the underlying questions you have to ask yourself. Is the world a safer place without the Taliban in power? Is the world a safer place without Saddam in power? Is Al Quada's top leaders and organization hiding in rat holes up in the mountains?

Majority of people will answer yes to this question, as it only takes common sense to realize that we are safer here at home

The Russa situation is still terrorism, so it is not "unrelated." They may have had different motives, but it is terrorism nonetheless.

And you actually asked three questions. Of course the world is safer without the Taliban in power, they were a terrorist organization. But Saddam? That's pushing it, he posed no real threat to us. So we can agree that the world is safer without the Taliban or Al Quada, but those arn't the only terrorists around.

As far as a terrorist attack happening again, I would concur that it probably would. These terrorists won't stop until we kill every single one of them.

True, but impossible.

In short, Bush has done more to combat Terrorism than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT in ANY NATION on this EARTH!

Of course he has, he had to, it's his "strong point." We arn't going to go through the biggest terrorist attack in our history, and do nothing about it. We had to do something, and we were on the right track until the war in Iraq.

ok, i can live with the invasion of afghanistan. no taliban is good.

i can live with the overturning of the iraqi government, but the way it has been done, and the way in which the situation post-saddam has been handled by the american government and military beggars belief. if you had a book '101 ways how not to invade iraq' then most of their tactics would be in there. I'm not saying that the american soldiers don't deserve recognition for the amazing stuff they have done, but 800+ deaths since the war 'ended'..... that's not peace.

Yes, it's been "on the news," but it's just been an "in other news" story.  It is, and should be shown as, a victory in the war on terror.  Two years ago, many people were saying the same things that are being said today about Iraq.  An now, they have held their first democratic election.

It shows that we're are winning the war on terror and that freedom can overcome.

If this were any other time other than a few weeks until the election, it would be getting tons of coverage.  But now it's only seen as a possitive for Bush and therefore, gets minimal attention.

so true. the media seems to stay clear of anything pro bush

first of all iraq should of been dealt with along time ago, but bush had the gusto to get the job done.

should we have waited till iraq or terriost suported by iraq commited a act or terror in the states? i dont think so.

Remember Bush is the one that told us we can never win the war on terror.

And you are not supposed to overclock your computers.... but, we still do...

You catch my drift? thought so...