Can Somebody Tell Me Why The Media Hasn't Said...

General Lee

anything about the Afghanistan elections? The first in it's history!!! This was a great day for their country, the war on terror, and for this... admin... OOOHHHH!!! I see now... It was a great day for their country and for the Bush adminstration!!! I forgot they will not say anything good that happens to the Bush administration.

Or what about the landslide victory for Howard in Australia. Too bad Kerry's sister isn't a very good at campaigning.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's been "on the news," but it's just been an "in other news" story. It is, and should be shown as, a victory in the war on terror. Two years ago, many people were saying the same things that are being said today about Iraq. An now, they have held their first democratic election.

It shows that we're are winning the war on terror and that freedom can overcome.

If this were any other time other than a few weeks until the election, it would be getting tons of coverage. But now it's only seen as a possitive for Bush and therefore, gets minimal attention.

Yeah, I agree...Now if the terroists sabatoged the elections CCN would be all over it...American and Canadian troops have died over there just so they can have a free vote, you would think the media would have more coverage than what it does.... :angry:

I will agree it wasn't fair that the news agencies didn't show more appreciation in the effort being made by our troops to bring peace and fairness to countries that were oppressed by dictators... As far as the politics of the situation, I'm not gonna comment... Though I do believe the president is doing an admirable job given the situation.

I believe that the American people need to see that not everything is going bad in the war on terror (regardless of how you view Iraq). Who knows, two years from now we may be saying the same thing about Iraq. Or we may have diplomats in 13 sovereign states of what used to be Iraq. I don't know. But what I do believe is that the media is intentionally dodgeing the issue to keep the Bush administration from having something good to talk about.

Oh well, I've been wrong before... and I'm sure I'll be wrong again...

Keep up the good work allthatisman amd all other soldiers!!

and Generla Lee hit the nail.....

mainstream media is so slanted to the left that it is beyond funny..

Afghanastan is a success story for the Bush administration (all be it, still being written..but still a success) so the Left media won't show it with the coverage it deserves......

and if you do not believe the mainstream media is Left.... You have been duped ;)

mainstream media is so slanted to the left that it is beyond funny..

Afghanastan is a success story for the Bush administration (all be it, still being written..but still a success) so the Left media won't show it with the coverage it deserves......

and if you do not believe the mainstream media is Left....  You have been duped ;)

Maybe I have been duped, but for the last 2 days I have seen that story come up at least every 20 minutes. Yesterday there was a report on it so often I had to change the channel it was annoying, you know, the ink controversy and everything (UN issue). I don't know what you guys watch for news, but I know what I saw.

I'm not denying that much of the media is left, however was there a big story about it on Fox? Not that I know of. The think is, we are (and have always been), more focused on what happens here at home, noone really cares what happens outside the US unless it affects us (oil, war, etc.).

I was watching CNN by the way, they had more reports on Afghanistan than Christopher Reeves (RIP).

A historical event like the first election in a country that has NEVER had any kind of free government deserves wall to wall coverage. However, as others have already said it is a BIG feather in Bush's hat because the Bush administration is responsible for freeing the people of Afganistan. Howard's reelection is also a big plus for the war effort. I sincerely hope that Blair remains prime minister as well. I disagree STONGLY with most of Blair's stances on a variety of issues but Bush has no stronger ally than Blair.

I hope that Bush pounds the Afganistan election into the cameras Wednesday.

The think is, we are (and have always been), more focused on what happens here at home, noone really cares what happens outside the US unless it affects us (oil, war, etc.).

I believe this does affect us here at home. This is part of the war on terror and that is definitely affecting us here at home. And we are winning.

It very well may have been on every TV channel 20 hours a day, but everything I've watched only had glancing remarks, if any at all. But that's not the point I'm trying to make. Well, actually I guess it is.

The bottom line is that it is something that the people need to know about and that this is one of the instances which you just mentioned that does affect us. Maybe not the way you would think when you say, "this is essential because it is happening HERE," but it is affecting us here none the less.

Whether he does or not, Bush should hammer this until he can't talk anymore. If Kerry is going to keep saying that Bush has the wrong strategy to win the war on terror, this would be a good place to start to debunk that theory.

Edited by General Lee