Programming Languages

LobbDogg

I am curious as to what kind of programming base we have here are OCC. Please post what languages you know and rate each language from 1-10 on how much you feel you know the language with 10 being (1337 Expert and 1 being really new to the language).

I define knowing a language as being able to take some code and step through it and follow it.

I'll go first. And please be truthful!

C = 5

C++ = 6

VB 6 = 6

VB.NET = 6

PHP = 3

Java =2

Assembly = 2

Basic = 7

Perl = 1

Edited by LobbDogg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Java= 3

Im due to level up after the next 200 experience points. I guess at level 4 I'll be able write java with the use of a wand instead of my magic amulet.

Edited by andrusk

I could say what i've used/played with... but I couldn't really give numbers.

PHP

ASP

VB

C/++

Pascal

BASIC

PERL

Delphi

Java

NQC

HTML, if you're considering that a programming language

SQL, same as above

I guess i'm kinda mediocre(?) with all them? I'm certainly not a great programmer yet; above average I suppose. Don't know how anyone can say they're 10 in something ... very rare :)

EDIT: I wrote a very basic MIPS assembly interpretter, not sure if that counts for assembly :)

well when you include web scripting languages I have experiance in quite a few lol. I would just post strictly computer programming languages I know, but since everyone else is listing scripting languages I will too.

C = 2

C++ = 1

Visual Basic = 6

VB.net = 4

Java = 1

Python = 3

Perl = 3

PHP = 3

HTML = 9

XHTML = 8

DHTML = 8

CSS = 7

Javascript = 9

ASP = 4

XML = 5

SQL = 4

BASIC = 6

Pascal = 1

Those are in no specific order, just as I thought of them.

10 - HTML

10 - CSS

08 - MySQL/SQL/PLSQL

06 - ASP.net (C#)

05 - PHP

04 - ASP

03 - Oracle Forms & Reports 6i

02 - ASP.net (VB.net)

02 - XML

01 - Java

There are probablly others I know... but they'd be < 0.5. :P

Java= 3

Im due to level up after the next 200 experience points. I guess at level 4 I'll be able write java with the use of a wand instead of my magic amulet.

Nice response there Andrusk, love it.

I must say though I'm quite suprised at how many people here can code. I didnt think there was this many people. I am also suprised to see how many people like VB.NET

For those of you who are into VB.NET, I share my programs I've written on my website and if anybody wants to look at some code for ideas or to learn by all means, head on over to LobbDogg's Site for some example code. Once at the site, click on Articles/Reviews at the top. Some of the code is not fully featured programs, rather than just showing concepts of how to do things. I've also got a little C++ code there too.

Edited by LobbDogg