Best Pc3200 Ram

mmm. I built this pc like a month ago.. and i bought this pc3200 ram and it works perfectly, its not super expensive and it works just fine.

Manufacturer: Transcend

Speed: DDR400(PC3200)

Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Error Checking: Non-ECC

Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered

Cas Latency: 3-3-3

Support Voltage: 2.5V

Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s

Organization: 128M x 64-Bit

Warranty: Lifetime

for 200 bucks

I've got the Crucial Ballistix pc3200 and it's screamin' fast. I had a stick of 512 go bad but I think it was bad when I got it. That has been replaced by Crucial and my system's been running great ever since. DOOM3 runs on Ultra at 1024X768 w/8X anti-aliasing with no stutter.

It's cheaper than Corsair and just as fast:

http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/listmodule.asp

Edited by overclocknewb

(From my AnandTech post)

I can vouch for the PQI Turbo 2x512mb series @ 2-2-2-5. I'm running them right now at 2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.8v doing 500mhz, 1000 FSB 3.0c-->3.758. What makes these PQI ram the best buy out there is that the performance, in all the review i've read so far, beats all ram brands of the same caliber--only when applied to Intel chips, with AMDs the performance is very similar to all other top brands; and when overclocking, these PQIs come out significantly ahead of the pack (Cosair/Muskins/Crucial). As for price-wise, you cannot beat $250 for these awesome PQI Turbos when the competition is charging for $280-->$350 online, and even more at retail stores.

PQI is surely making a name for themselves!!!