Best Buy Techs

Agallion

yaayy i just got hired as a best buy tech..now just gatta doa drug test and orientation homework type packet and im good to goo...man it pays nice too

i would try to get a job at best buy but it is a little too far from my house. this is okay though because there is a circuit city nearby that i hope to get hired at. oh and congratulations and good luck

I've got a circuit city opening soon, I put in an application there just to see If i could get the job :P It would be better than working at target, atleast I would be working with electrical stuff lol

When they first opened the STAPLES here in Madison I almost went to work there as a tech, but they were only offering to start me off at 7/hr and I made more than that an hour were I was currently working at the time as Manager of a local car wash. I tried STAPLES again a year later when the car wash got shut down and they only raised the starting pay to 8/hr so I was like screw this i'm going to work for my cuz who owns a Genteral Contracting business and I am glad I did I enjoy the work and I get 13/hr.....Best Buy is nice you should like it there.

Agallion I know you're A+ Certified, but do you need to be certified to get the job? I've heard that most of the techs there are not certified and some are incompetent. That may or may not be true.

I've been studying for the cert, and if it'll get me a job, I'll go take the exams. :)

Agallion I know you're A+ Certified, but do you need to be certified to get the job? I've heard that most of the techs there are not certified and some are incompetent. That may or may not be true.

I've been studying for the cert, and if it'll get me a job, I'll go take the exams. :)

this is how the roseville best buy tech's handle things:

"take it across the street to CBW"

or

"would you like fries with that?"

and no they're not certified, and YES they are stupid

10 bucks an hour is better than my 7.28 an hour or whatever I get. Heck I'm not even sure how much I get per hour! :lol: I'm taking the microsoft academy course at school to get the mcs something (msca I think?) so that I can get a job as a repair guy at the local computer shop.