Doom 3 Cd Cracked

asus

the first day i got my doom 3 set.. i droped a cd as i was rolling back.. cracked. went to the store EB.. would not replace it, i should have told him it was like that.. but anyway.. i gave a call to ID .. and well.. it was pretty cool.. i talked to the guy explaining to him what happened, sent him an image of the cracked cd. he laughed and said.. do you know how many times i have done that.. lol.. and then he said, i am going to send you a brand new box with all 3 cd's.. i told him i would pay for the replacement, and he said, "buddy, dont worry about it, we got as many copies as we need"

i was exteramly impresed, i think i may have talked to one of the developers, because his voice was similar to the one i have of the doom3 team on a video.. but anyway.. it took me some time to actaully get to this guy, i had to go through tech support ect.. lol wow.. such nice people down there at ID softwear..

even thought ID/ is just a branch.. lol

Ever try playing a cracked CD? I've had it work once, and the other time it grabbed it funny so it was way off balance (at 48x :P)

Yeah... I tried playing a cracked CD once... grabbed it wrong and the CD exploded sending the front piece off and a shower off CD pieces... :blink:

Ahh, id software, gotta love them

you could just throw your CD at the wall and watch it explode, then say you ment to pick up the windows disk but accidentlly got the doom one... maby