My New Toy ;)

the guys at toms hardware did a 5 ghz project. only i cant remeber how they did it. i think they did it with fsb. but the device is exactly the same. a big pipe and the guy poured liquid N down the pipe.

but i think he too had an es chip because there was no NB cooling and i doubt the NB can goto 400+ FSB <_<

anyway good luck steve, and if the dry ice isnt enough, you can always try a cat. what was it? -3K?

Ok i just watched it again. they ran an FSB of 313 or somethin like that

with a multi of 17 so they musta had an ES chip. also they used a compressor on the northbridge. the max they went to was 5.13 or so

he had vapo chill on the NB

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board is fine tuned to run @ a vdimm of 3.6v a vagp of 1.96 a vdd(chipset) of 1.9 and a vtt of 1.83. When you drop an ES chip in the board all the multi bios information appears, but if you put a locked chip in it all goes back to the way it was.

vdimm of 3.6...yeah right. i have no doubt that your ram wouldn't survive that.

post pics of your rails, and then i'll believe you. i put my vdimm at 3.25 and that was the highest i could get with various types of ram. Mushkin, Corsair, OCZ, and Kingston.

OCZ went the highest - 3.25.

Edited by airman

Airman, you consult the data sheet for the ram chips I'm using (BH5) you'll see that 3.6volts is within the max the memory is rated to handel. While I know mathematically it's suppose to run at 3.6 given the resistance I checked my rails and noticed that the max stable I could get was 3.44, so I guess you are right, I'm not running 3.6, but 3.4 rather.

And I know there haven't been results, I've worked 20 hours in the past 2 days and there doesn't look like time for anything real soon, maybe not until mid next week if I'm lucky.

Edited by STEVEXXXXX