My New Toy ;)

If my camera worked I would. I tryed the dry ice today and suffice to say I wasnt very happy. Somehow it seems as if my cpu is freezing, and in the literal sense I mean. The condensation for the ice seems to be literally freezsing the cpu. Probably because the insulation on it isn't as good as it could be. I think thursday I'm gonna go get some di electric grease and reinsulate the board, then give everything another go. Not to mention the fact I somehow killed a hearddrive? I have no idea how, but it just wont start. hmmm, odd.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my camera worked I would. I tryed the dry ice today and suffice to say I wasnt very happy. Somehow it seems as if my cpu is freezing, and in the literal sense I mean. The condensation for the ice seems to be literally freezsing the cpu. Probably because the insulation on it isn't as good as it could be. I think thursday I'm gonna go get some di electric grease and reinsulate the board, then give everything another go. Not to mention the fact I somehow killed a hearddrive? I have no idea how, but it just wont start. hmmm, odd.

Stop stalling and just do it already!

if you had condensation on the board, and did not protect the board with neoprene or di-electric grease it'd be trashed. I don't see how that it could "freeze" chip and keep it from working (this is called absolute zero... electrons stop moving at this point).

I'm not 100% with asus on saying this is total BS. I'll give ya a reasonable doubt... like maybe you just didn't word something right on this one.

I'm aware of both those points. however condensation on the board is LETHAL to the board. ergo if the the board got wet, it should have cooked too.

and abosulute zero is only theoretical if I recall correctly... but it's what it would take to "freeze" a cpu into not working.

and abosulute zero is only theoretical if I recall correctly... but it's what it would take to "freeze" a cpu into not working

remember kids - processors arent built on AIR TIGHT/WATER TIGHT wafers of fiberglass - all it takes is a lil bit of moisture to penetrate the inner workings of something and poof -- add the expansion properties of freezing moisture --- and viola --- sepparation of micro circuitry

as for water "frying" a puter - water on a DC voltage scale *namely 12v and 5v* there really isnt enough current to permanently FRY a puter - i SOAKED my puter cause i didnt properly insulate a pelt (i was a n00b to the whole pelt thing and never heard of it being used in puters) - the whole socket was soaked with water, the inside of my p4's heatshield was full, the chipset hs and fan were soaked along with underneath the 875's fiberglass wafer, the agp slot was soaked - basicly in the course of 1 night my puter got washed from the inside out and since the ps is above the moisture - it kept feeding the pelt power and the pelt kept making water (b4 you jump - condensation is "distilled" in a sence and distilled water lacking minerals doesnt conduct electricty, well add bout 3 months of hidden dust and it does)

the next day when i went to use my puter - it was locked solid - did a force reboot and no post - no monitor - no nadda - so i took the whole thing apart and let it air dry for a while - re-assembled it and still no post - then i took it all apart again and used compressed air to blow out all the slots, sockets and chips, assembled it and bling bling it worked again

to even further the whole water= frying paranoya - my fathers apartment burned down when he was out and all his electronics were SOAKed with water from the fire hoses - and all the eqiptment was turned on when he left - everything shoulda been "fried" - well i took the stuff to my house - took it all apart - threw it in the dishwasher to get rid of the fire stench - put everything back together after a few days and i got myself a slightly new tv,vcr,receiver - tho the water didnt fry em - the heat fried the cd lens's tiny wires

now say per chance you take a handfull of case grinder droppings and threw that all over your motherboard - you can almost write yourself a check that it will be fried

its been 20 daysss! i demand results. i wana see this thing in action

isn't it obvious? he's faking it, if i had something like that i would, i would, i would oc the living . out of that thing the minute the delivery guy stepped in front of my door. so screw work & other excuses stevexxxxx if u got it use it if u son't please stop wasting our time

edit: it seems that stevexxx is laughing his . off right now- he hasn't posted for a week in this thread, he's just having fun watching us drool

Edited by lt_navvara