Roadkill's Switching To Darker Side

anthony

I am taking to leap to the 64 bit world!

I need new everything, nothng is gona be spared, bringing me to 3 main rigs!

(new folding rig ! :D

The cpu im looking at righ tnow is:

AMD 64 3200+ 2ghz socked 754 for 400candian +/-

I have no clue what the heck mobo i need... hence im new in this DARK world of you AMD'ers :P

Ram, deciding.... confused :P

9800 pro

Tisonic 460W PSU <read OCC review... looks great

Case: Taking mine 3ghz's case.. I get new one

sound card? integrated

Monitor.. I HAVE NO CLUE!

So if you AMD Guru's :P may help me on choice of mobo and ram it would be very nice thanks!! roadkill

(omfg this dark side looks expensive, btw 2000 Canadian budget)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend a good NF3 250 mobo and PC4000 ram. These new A64's seem to be doing well with fsb overclocking, and an NF3 250 mobo is MUST. It really depends on what you need (serial ata, firewire, ide raid, etc.). Also, I might suggest getting a mobile A64-they seem to be hitting very high overclocks. For the monitor, it's really up to you.

I'd recommend a good NF3 250 mobo and PC4000 ram. These new A64's seem to be doing well with fsb overclocking, and an NF3 250 mobo is MUST. It really depends on what you need (serial ata, firewire, ide raid, etc.). Also, I might suggest getting a mobile A64-they seem to be hitting very high overclocks. For the monitor, it's really up to you.

:withstupid: are you getting a newcastle or clawhammer core proc?

really I have no clue which is better for core... im totally new to this DARK'er side :P

And thanks Iggy! Im getting socket 754, need raid... oc'ing isnt prioity.. not really my computer.. its my dads... though it will be oc'ed... doesnt need to be too high.. and pc 4000 ram is kinda expensive! llol im looking at some pc 3500

oo! and yes I am trying to find mobile amd 64's.... will the be lower preformance than a normal amd 64

keep in mind that the 939 boards and procs are already here. they will obviously be replacing the 754 series. although they are more expensive, they do seem to have a bit more longevity to them. the 754s are gonna be dinosaurs soon.

Im getting socket 754, need raid... oc'ing isnt prioity.. not really my computer.. its my dads...

lucky dad! :D he'll be happy that his puter pwns all his mates' puters....

so which DFI mobo would you suggest?

I hve heard that the MSI K8N Neo Platinum or... um Platinum Neo? or something like that :P

is very good?

I know DFI is great... also looks great :lol: