AMD vs. Intel

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I hope nobody has mentioned this already but i read the first 18 pages of this post and then decided that it was going to take me far too long to read all 52 pages.

I think that Intel chips are better as they are much easier to build with, AMD's are cheaper but the Intels are better quality. A friend of mine actually snapped his motherboard in half becuase the clips on the heatsink for the AMD are so tight that when he finally clipped them on, goodbye motherboard.

Another of my friends also built an AMD machine without breaking his motherboard and for the same reason the processor keeps being unseated from the socket so sometimes the PC just won't boot or it might give out half way through a session.

all i can say is right now amd is ahead of the game with the 64 out. Intel can only keep up with them with the EE. But intel has some better plans coming. So right now i would go with a 64 instead of intel.

all i can say is right now amd is ahead of the game with the 64 out. Intel can only keep up with them with the EE. But intel has some better plans coming. So right now i would go with a 64 instead of intel.

Like you said...Sortof...Intel is going to comeback. The AMD64/FX line will top out, then Intel will bring out something to take the taco.