#25 Neural Interface

Neural Interface

Neural is the future

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:23 PM

And I quote from HP's website

"Get more done with the Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 2.6GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology and 512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM memory, plus Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition"

Gag me!!!

"Play video games with the integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 with up to 64MB of shared video memory"

Help!!!!!

And the want to charge 830 bucks for it with no monitor!!!!!!

that is pretty funny not to mention retarded, I wonder how companys can get away with this sorta crap, fooling less umm.... knowledgeable people left, right and centre <_< :angry:
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength -Arnold Schwarzenegger

#26 Guest_FxXP_*

Guest_FxXP_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:30 PM

To think I use to put up with the end users bellyaching for 2.5 years (yes I did phone support the blue). I really felt like saying "go build your own". Though HP really isn't that good in building PC's, 90% of the problems that I encountered over the phone were user based.

#27 nic anelka

nic anelka

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:20 AM

I never realized XP Home edition disliked HT. Mind you I took it off my P4 1.6 pre-build :D Guess I'll have to invest in Pro...

#28 Dignan

Dignan

I am the shizzle!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:11 AM

So I guess our insessant OEM ramblings turned out something positive. :P As red said HT acts as though its dual CPU which isn't supported by home.
Posted Image

dont drink tea or coffee....hehe....no hot drinks here :lol:

Are you LDS ?

LDS? Wha wha? :google: returned too many acronyms for LDS... i guess its a medical condition...

#29 DevilMB3017

DevilMB3017

DevilMB3017

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3721 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 07:12 AM

Wow Intel is really screwing people. It doesn't work with XP Home, it doesn't work well at all to begin with...:P

#30 nic anelka

nic anelka

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:19 PM

Wow Intel is really screwing people. It doesn't work with XP Home, it doesn't work well at all to begin with...:P

I would rather blame M$, they're the ones gaining extra revenue from peeps upgrading to Pro...after all, you can now get procs as low as 2.4 with HT, so why hasn't M$ sorted out Home Edition?

#31 Guest_Ballz2TheWallz_*

Guest_Ballz2TheWallz_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:42 PM

i dunno bout you but my home has full dual support the task manager even allows me to assign certai processes to certain cpu's but if home really dosnt like dual cpu's then i might get pro instead

#32 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19463 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:42 PM

I would rather blame M$, they're the ones gaining extra revenue from peeps upgrading to Pro...after all, you can now get procs as low as 2.4 with HT, so why hasn't M$ sorted out Home Edition?

why should MS have to sort out XP Home?? XP Home isn't meant for the hardcore crowd. Most people here should be using XP Pro, not Home, as should any gamer. XP Home is for the "home user", like the family with 8 year old that plays barbie-crap and educational games. They don't need HT. That companies are selling pre-builts with HT and Home, is not MS's fault, but rather their fault, so blame them, not MS.

Lastly,

Posted Image

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti - 16GB DDR3-1866MHz - Acer Predator X34 -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Review ::: Acer Predator X34 Review :::

#33 Paranoid

Paranoid

Figure in Black

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:48 PM

I have XP Home Edition, just because I can't afford $499 for XP Professional.
"Yesterday's just a memory. Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be."
– Bob Dylan

#34 Ziggy54354

Ziggy54354

OCC's Sexiest Asian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:52 PM

Im just gunna say i didn't pay 500$ for my XP pro. I got it at a discount price of close to 25 cents. This isn't going against forum rules is it? :ph34r:
Current Rig:

Intel E8400 4ghz | DFI Blood-Iron P35 | EVGA 9800GTX+
2x 320GB Seagate 1x 500GB Seagate 1x 1.5TB Seagate | 4GB G.Skill pc8000 PQ

Ubuntu Rig:

AXP 1.4ghz 200FSB 7x | Abit NF-7s | 6800GS
200GB Seagate | 1gb Corsair XMS pc3200 2-2-2-11

#35 Paranoid

Paranoid

Figure in Black

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:56 PM

I can't find a storein Toronto that has it for less than $499 for the full version, or $299 for the upgrade. I paid $150 for an XP Home upgrade, and installed it directly from that. I didn't have to mess around with FAT32 to NTFS conversion or anything. :D
"Yesterday's just a memory. Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be."
– Bob Dylan

#36 bigred

bigred

Don't even get me started

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:44 PM

ouch, even in canadian $$$ that does sound astronomically high! xp pro sells for $190 US for the full version.
Some people are like Slinkies. Totally useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you push them down the stairs.