AMD vs. Intel

The only problem with barebones kits is they tend to come with the crappiest motherboards on the planet. (matsonic, pc chips, soyo, ecs, etc.) I'd be afraid to trust some of my components on motherboards that bad. I recently worked on an amd barebones kit that a friend was having troubles with, and I got to see its ecs k7sem mobo burn itself up right on the spot. (LITERALLY burn...it was kinda funny :) )

But as Krieg said, the "average" user really doesn't even care about the small performance difference, the ht compatibility, etc. Heck, they'd be fine with a Via C3 or something. My dad is completely happy with his T-Bird 950/tnt2 m64/sdram comp, and I certainly am not in a position to criticize his comp because it does everything he wants it to.

Sorry for getting off topic guys. Anyway, it just boils down to being personal preference, like cheese its vs. cheese nips, or nestle vs. hershey. (tried to think of some new comparisons... :unsure: )

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and where are intel's made? costa rica, puerto rico and I forget where the 3rd fab is at

amd's fabs are in dresden (germany) and houston texas... far from 3rd world

the other is malasyia.

ok my take on it is that amd is a more bang for the buck, intel is better performane in some while amd is better at other things, just deppends on user preference, my dad was thinking of building a media center pc for our entertainment system, i told him to go with intel although me and him both like and use amd chips.

it all just depends.

:withstupid: Yeah, we've all seen time and time again that the two processors have different strengths. The p4 rocks at digital video editing, audio encoding, and stuff very bandwidth-intensive like that. The Athlon, on the other hand, is awesome at Gaming, and other things that rely heavily on fpu performance. I love my amd, but I would never try to convince the guys at Pixar to use amd systems, you know what I mean? Nor would I tell a gamer to use Intel.

Sorry for getting off topic guys. Anyway, it just boils down to being personal preference, like cheese its vs. cheese nips, or nestle vs. hershey. (tried to think of some new comparisons... :unsure: )

Coke v. Pepsi is probably the best example....or McD's v. BK

I'd say Tropicana v. Minute Maid...but i've never met anybody that didn't think Tropicana was BY FAR the best OJ ever! :P

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

BK all the way! :lol: B)

oh an BAWLS ALL THE WAY

and TROPICANA ALL THE WAY

umm will the xp pro upgrade work with home and are there benchmarks with ht cpu's so i can see the difference in preformence

umm will the xp pro upgrade work with home and are there benchmarks with ht cpu's so i can see the difference in preformence

You can use the XP Pro upgrade with XP Home. I think any benchmarks will show some increase in performance

awww i like minute maid... guess thats why i like amd too lol :D

i like AMD also, but come on, can you honestly say you like minute maid over tropicana???? Go pour yourself a glass of tropicana...there's no contest! :P

tropicana = non from concentrate

minute made = concentrate

its a clear winner.

and to make this post relavent on what it was actually suppose to be about

i like amd cause they are a cheap substitute for high end systems. Take the 2500+ for example, a 90$ cpu that with a few tweaks can be transformed into a 300$ cpu. On the other hand intel has no such processor capable of doing that while still remaining under 100$, unless im mistaken.

i like AMD also, but come on, can you honestly say you like minute maid over tropicana???? Go pour yourself a glass of tropicana...there's no contest! :P

Minute Maid = Cheaper

Cheaper = Good for me :)

Minute Maid is more bang for the buck ;) .....(Sounds familiar?)