AMD vs. Intel

yeah, and thats why windows is the suxorz and linuz rules, all you have to do is recompile the source code of the kernel for x amount of bits and use the switch that enables like sse and whatnot

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I work for intel so in order for me to not get fired I have to say... YAY intel rocks

but what they don't know is that I am secretly running an AMD processor shhhh don't tell anyone I said this but amd is better and cheaper

AMD seem to be cheaper the only problame with intell is the . slot designe of the p3 prosseser and it hay would make an upadte i.e slot to socket addapter thay might get more custem but the next bord i buy is gonna run a amd (my old one does but it is a win 98 compat cpu)

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have a bias against intel and I still kinda do but it's pretty hard to make fun of intel when you're running on one of their processors.

491854[/snapback]

HAHAHA Exactly my dilema, i got mine to out preform my 2500+ system in my sig. the HT totally put it over the edge

• 4 weeks later...

AMD ALL THE FREAKIN WAY MAN. intel has a monopoly type of thing going on here and that is what is keeping them alive. amd makes better processors all the way man. amd has always and will alwayz have the edge for gaming processors no intel even comes close. and now amd is almost at par with intel for multi tasking ... here is something to think about ... where amd x2 CPUs are 2 cores integrated in one cpu, intel pentium d / xe are literally 2 prescott cores side by side that use the external fsb to communicate between them ... its basically like having 2 seperate processors.

my vote- amd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes intel does have a monopoly-but thats not the only way they survive, they sell so much more than AMD, no that doesnt make them better

but their coming out with those new procs built after the pentium M, and that should be good