Received Refurbed 9800pro From Newegg

If your bios is set right(agp8x), which goes without saying, and you have tried what everyone has recommended, then you have no other choice IMO. I would have liked to see something work for you here. You can at least be satisified that you gave it your best shot.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the exact problem I had with many kinds of RAM. When overclocking the fsb past a certain point (between 220 and 230 depending on the exact hardware), video gets all wacky in intense applications like aquamark. Since I build systems often and professionally, I was able to duplicate the results and get another tech to confirm that I wasn't insane.

5 sets of GEIL PC3500, 1 set of Corsair PC4000 all did the same thing on 3 865 motherboards. Going to OCZ RAM fixed the problem, so did going to an IC7-MAX3 motherboard (875 chipset). We concluded that the 865 chipset "memory enhancements" caused a problem on the AGP bus and we're pretty convinced that OCZ > all.

It doesn't appear that you are overclocking your fsb, just thought I would mention it since it seemed related.

If you are overclocking your fsb, turn it down to stock and try to duplicate the results. If you aren't, I'd suggest cooling it a bit better or returning it as you please.

Have you ever thought about just doing a clean Windows install! There has been times that I have had to do that and it has always sloved my problems. Just thought I would suggest it. B)

The odds are slim. unless the guy who sticks em in the boxes is stoned, i doubt its gonna happen..

try installing drivers for your motherboard, actully you know what dont even try that. just return it. get a new one and stop worrying about it. but untill then u will have to use ur 9200

Dude go out and buy a new one, return the one have you in the box and get your money back. Then stop worring. :P

But ,If your not like that. Contact ATI. Not NEwEgg about the RMA. I had a 9600 card back within a week. It was crazy fast. I was very happy. I bought a used 9600 for $10. Found out as I suspected that the moron had OC'ed it and blew it up. I guess red lines indicate that <_< But a quick phone call to ATI, I had a RMA number. Sent it in on Monday. I had the replacement card on Sat. Its in my son's PC now and he is happy.For me. The 9600 cost me totally only like $18. I sent it second day. But call ATI man. Get it cleared up.Customer support has been good to me.