Received Refurbed 9800pro From Newegg

Received the 9800Pro from Newegg for 167.00 ...got it about 10 minutes ago...looking at it..the memory on it is Samsung.....how do i tell which core ..and does anyone have any tips w/this particular card...im ready to softmod or whatever else can be done.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only way to get the core is to take off the stock heat sink (which you should do and replace the cheese pad with AS, after you make sure the card works). As for RAM, read the numbers. If the long string ends with 28 or 2A, then it's 2.8ns

Edited by InvaderTrax

the 9800pro won't softmod to anything, unless it's got an r360 core. take off the heatsink and look at it.

as for the memory...samsung, it's prolly 2.8ns. not quite sure on how to tell. there's some numbers on it.

Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer.  The choice of many on this board.

I'll second that. My RAM says k4d263238e-gc2a (Samsung, 2.8ns, see above). Mine came with r360 and it OC's very well. I was expecting a thick slice of processed American when I removed the stock cooler, but lo and behold mine actually had some thermal grease on it.

best drivers for it?

I got my 9800pro refurbish from them also, been running it for a year now. Excellent card. Who made yours what it ATI or an OEM like Sapphire? Mine is a sapphire, I paid $220 usd for last year. Definitely go with the VGA silencer it cool the best. Those cards still run hot though. As for the drivers, try some older CAT's like 3.7, 3.8, etc and see what works best for your rig.

did not oc it....just uninstalled my old drivers....removed my old ATI 9200 card.....installed this one w/new drivers......looks fine in windows...tried running aquamark and everything starts getting jumpy. Artifacting like crazy.....Tried the Omega Drivers..same thing.