Dell Sucks!

ClayMeow

my friend actully did this... he moved everything into a new case.... It is possible. next time i see him ill ask him how he did it... But think about it when the people at dell built the machine did they really build it so you could put it in another case? NO they didnt... Thus is why they dont have tech support on this...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you get a new PSU as well...

if so....don't plug it in to the Dell motherboard......it will fry it...

the plug will fit, but the wiring is different

really??? yes it's a new psu with the case.....hmmm. well that sucks.

EDIT: maybe i'll have to see if she'll buy a new mobo...i mean, i'm pretty sure it's just a celeron POS, so it can't be too much $

Edited by ClayMeow

Maybe you can try this number 1800-394-7430, but its in Singapore and you have to pay for the oversea call charge. My friend told me that they are rather knowledgeable about their system as he tried calling about their intergrated VGA, but I wont guarantee though. :D

He's trying to explain it to you, but you aren't listening. It's Dell you moron! They use almost 100% proprietary everythings. They have one cable, ONE CABLE. Yes, I said ONE. You can't use individual ones, cause they use one cable. Do you understand these words? One cable. ONE. 1. Uno. Their cable is like an IDE cable, in that it is flat, and grey. All Dells are like this. Since it's a Celly, I'm guess it's a 2400, so here's the Dell Support link to everything you need to know about it...

LoL, I just read your past posts...

Here's info on the L series.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dmum/

So yea...The only way really is to look at the front panel on the original case and figure out what goes to where. Good luck.

i dont know of any factory that can build pc's to the kind of qulity you could do yourself wich i think is fair enough as they have to build lot's when i build me pc's it takes me hours just routing cables n that i could never see dell or factory doing that

i dont know of any factory that can build pc's to the kind of qulity you could do yourself wich i think is fair enough as they have to build lot's when i build me pc's it takes me hours just routing cables n that i could never see dell or factory doing that

HOURS? My PC took south of 1 1/2 hours to complete.

couldn't you just analyze the wiring in the dell case?? dismount it and measure the wires with an ohm-meter to know which wire on the connector is used for power/reset/hdd led/power led.... :bah:

I think this would be the easiest solution for your problem. ---> NO, i don't work at dell!

I would have to disagree. I built probably about 15 computers aday. And we are required to have the cables routed perfectly, zipp tied and not impeding airflow. I will tell you that the cases i build at avnet look more neat and tidy than the case I have at home. And it usually only takes about 30 minutes to build a computer that neatly. When your job depends on it, you can build a really tidy computer really quickly.

Edited by andrusk

Hey Clay

I feel for you man I (thankfully) haven't had the nightmaers w/ computer tech support. Anyway I tried moving a Hp cmponets into a new case and had similar problems. It took me a while to figure out the mb but I found a diagram of it and thats how I got my jumpers to go in. I know this is not the same since Dell makes their own mb's but search under the computer name on the internet. You might find a website selling that dell with more spefications. Have Hope my friend :lol:

He's trying to explain it to you, but you aren't listening. It's Dell you moron! They use almost 100% proprietary everythings. They have one cable, ONE CABLE. Yes, I said ONE. You can't use individual ones, cause they use one cable. Do you understand these words? One cable. ONE. 1. Uno. Their cable is like an IDE cable, in that it is flat, and grey. All Dells are like this. Since it's a Celly, I'm guess it's a 2400, so here's the Dell Support link to everything you need to know about it...

LoL, I just read your past posts...

Here's info on the L series.

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dmum/

So yea...The only way really is to look at the front panel on the original case and figure out what goes to where. Good luck.

Cool down man. :D