Browser Wars

d3bruts1d

Tried Firefox and Opera but I always end up back with IE. Its comfortable. If thats noobish then so be it, but I dont think sticking with something that has worked great for me for 10+ years without a problem would classify me.

If I ever get a linux box up and going, then I dont know, its all about time.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using Firefox 1.5/2.0 for about a year now and to be honest, it's better than IE7 and Opera.

George, you probably didn't know, but the last response to this topic was a year ago lol.

I still use FireFox 1.5. I went to 2 on one of my machines at home, and was back to 1.5 is less than a week. I'll try it again later probably, but I just didn't like the way they made it handle lots of tabs. Plus they got rid of the close box on the right to close the tab you're currently on, and I use that all the time.

I gave Opera a try a few times too. Opera 7 was really nice because it loaded pages noticably faster than FF, which was a major plus for me, but it wasn't free, so that closed that deal. When it went free with 8, I tried again, but the speed was gone and it was just as "bulky" as FF, so I saw no need to switch. Even when I was using 7, I ended up using all the "customizable features" to make it back into FF, so I figured why not just use FF if that's what I want? Why spend all this time configuring Opera to work like FF when I can just use FF right out of the box?

I don't care for IE6 at all, but I still keep it around in case I have to test something between browsers. I haven't tried IE7, but I'm scared to admit that it actually doesn't look that bad.

I still use FireFox 1.5. I went to 2 on one of my machines at home, and was back to 1.5 is less than a week. I'll try it again later probably, but I just didn't like the way they made it handle lots of tabs. Plus they got rid of the close box on the right to close the tab you're currently on, and I use that all the time.

i just use CTRL+F4 to close the current tab i'm on ;)

i just use CTRL+F4 to close the current tab i'm on ;)

Yeah, I know. I've never been one for keyboard shortcuts though. My left hand is usually drumming on the desk when I'm not typing, so the mouse is actually faster :P Call me lazy, but even in MMOs 95%+ of my actions are mouse based. I use WASD to run in FPS games, but other than that, it's all mouse.

• 4 months later...
Yeah, I know. I've never been one for keyboard shortcuts though. My left hand is usually drumming on the desk when I'm not typing, so the mouse is actually faster :P Call me lazy, but even in MMOs 95%+ of my actions are mouse based. I use WASD to run in FPS games, but other than that, it's all mouse.

Ctrl + W is easier for my little fingers ^_^

i like IE. i like how easy it is to work with the IE favorites. Firebox bookmarks r a bother to work with. requires extra clicking sometimes.

man, i'm so surprised a WoW player likes to keep his other hand free :lol::P

man, i'm so surprised a WoW player likes to keep his other hand free :lol::P

I remember writing that statement and thinking "Yup, somebody's definitely going to field this one..." I just didn't know it would take four and a half months :P