Create Logo's For Occ And Make $$$$$&#036

ok im not laying down for clay heres a work in pregress..much more layer styles and maybe background re design to go..but a brief sample..heh but very good clay

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok im not laying down for clay heres a work in pregress..much more layer styles and maybe background re design to go..but a brief sample..heh but very good clay

lol. thanks. competition is what drives us! I liked your first ones...the rectangular ones :)

hey clay, dont mean to be rude, but the "OC" on the fans could do with some improving. just some constructive criticism, but otherwise very nice. what are some of the other ones?

Yeah, all I can say is WOW!

And I really liked how the OC seal was absent or covered up for the "Worst Game of the year" and the "what the heck Were They Thinking" awards(very nice attention to detail). maybe the Product Hall of Shame would benifit from a covered up OC seal as well :) .

p.s: and I also like the background shadows for the Overclockers Club title. I really hope you decide to add the background shadows to the red ones as well before making them final (the shadows on the green and blue images give them a little extra kick. me likey B) )

excellent job Clay :D

edit:

since you have the OCC letters in gold for the "Editors Choice", "OCC Recommended" and "Producct of the Year" awards (which are 3 out of the 4 awards that have a red circle around them), maybe you could try doing the same with the "Motherboard of the Year" award and see how it looks with only the first O, the C part of the E and half of the second O (which would make a C) in gold. It would also give all the red circle awards the same style (OCC in gold). just a thought

Edited by Trakfast11

no.. tiff as i think of it is an uncompressed format that is very large, this is a lossless format but does not preserve transparency or layers.. i dont beleave..

man... what are you talking about?

tiff is 32bit (ie 4byte, RGB+Alpha, so can have transparency)

The Unofficial TIFF Home Page

it can have compression but is best suited for compression of LARGE files, like large-format pro-printing (ever had to burn a single 600+ MB to CD to print at the phat plotter at work/uni?? TIFFs the best)

yer right about the layers tho... but you don't really want to hand over your art like that do you? it'd be like atari handing out the source for UT'04!

haha, cool, anyway... just had to clear that up.

@LinuxProX: hope you keep this open for a coupla weeks cos i just found out today and i might have a few secret weapons... ;)

hey clay, dont mean to be rude, but the "OC" on the fans could do with some improving. just some constructive criticism, but otherwise very nice. what are some of the other ones?

well i didn't create those oc fan things...unless you're talkin about how it looks in the top left two...yeah, i screwed that up, accidentally "cutting" it....in otherwords, if you compare the bottom right corner to the one to the left of it, you'll notice the right one is much cleaner. I haven't had time to fix the ones i screwed up originally.

trakfast, thanks. i'm glad you noticed the subtle differences :) As for the product hall of shame...i'll see what i can do withOUT an OC logo there....i agree with you that they should be different...that's why, if you notice...i removed the "flame" coming out...sorta like implying it is fizzled out. heh. i dunno...maybe i think too much.

BTW, if you didn't notice (kinda hard since i didn't show you ALL the ones i did):

red circles = hardware

green circles = games

blue or blue-tinted = "others"...the "weirder" awards...heh.

The "as seen on OCC" logo i have a version for all three, red, green & blue...so matt can use it for whichever category it coincides with, or just choose the one he likes best.

Anyways, for the next 3 days I'll be playing GuildWars whenever i'm on the computer for the most part. It's a free demo if you didn't see the thread. So if this contest is ending before i resume "normal OCC forum" activity, if someone could PM me to let me know to submit the zip, that would be much appreciated. Until then...thanks for the great compliments and suggestions...i'll see what i can do :)

Guest ThermalGuru

This is one, it's still in the making. Now in actual size. The titles would be applied as needed for the award or whatever. However, this does make a pretty cool Desktop Wallpaper. I like this one for the same reason I like this site, it's not high on graphics. Large graphics all over a website really dampens bandwidth for Dial-up users.

This graphic was created by clipboarding the "original" OCC graphic and hand drawn by myself. Even the stick of ram was hand drawn and reduced in opacity to blend into the background. It's not high powered graphics, but again, neither is this website.

Edit:

Ok, here is the final. I'm having a hard time deciding which is better, with or without the lens flare. They both look pretty good to me.

This size can be used for a wallpaper and the lettering can be changed to say whatever you like. The smallest I can get this graphic is 300 x 325 because of the limitations of the text inside the "original" OCC graphic. Currently shown is 1280 x 1024 at 52.76k bytes in size. That's a 20 second load time already for 28.8k Dial-up users. Of course, the 300 x 325 would be even smaller in file size. What really makes this graphic awesome for you guys, is it can be edited in Macromedia Fireworks since the orginal was created with a .png file. You guys do have Dreamweaver MX right?

GROUPED LINK: http://christophertodd1.home.insightbb.com/Contest.htm

Edited by ThermalGuru

Guest ThermalGuru

If nothing else, here is a desktop download for the members. It's cleaned up and plain-jaine.