Create Logo's For Occ And Make $$$$$&#036

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of those are awesome! now just make all of the awesome! :lol:

i agree...some of them look really good, but others...aren't...a lot of them are just extremely hard to read.

And BTW.... RTS = Real-time Strategy.....NOT racing

ThermalGuru, i agree, that would make a great desktop, but as you said, when it's shrunk down, it looks pretty bad, so it's pretty useless as a logo unfortunately. You should try downloading that coneilian font and making the logo/slogan yourself, trying a smaller font. That may make it look better, rather than just trying to shrink the "actual" one.

Anyways, i went back and fixed the screwed up OC symbols that appeared in some of them. Also, i removed the OC symbol in the hall of shame one, as suggested. I still have the one with the logo though, so Matt can choose whichever one he wants. In fact, i have 37 logos thus far (the requested ones, some alternate versions, and then some that i thought of myself). Here's a new preview ;) :

OCC-assorted-logos.jpg

Guest ThermalGuru

You can't shrink this 1280 x 1024 desktop set. The smallest I could get the 1280 x 1024 is 625 x 500. Which is what you are seeing by clicking on the link.

I've got another set done with the smaller 300 x 325 pixel size that I used for the submittal to OCC.

Edited by ThermalGuru

Ok... so after a day of complete stress trying to get my idea to work (ah i need a rollie now)...

I tell you what, text round a circle's a bastud and a half... know how to do it now... anyway, I'm using a few secret weapons, and as such it's gonna take a little while for me to finish...

Here's an incomplete prototype (ah bollox, ftp now...) <_<

occ_awards_prototype_web.jpg

Like I said, it's a prototype design, mostly it's just so you can see I'm doin something... the fan was a bit tricky... the fan's going to be blurred and have some effects on there, I think the inside circle is going to have some sort of feint background on it, and then I'll put some text in there too.

Hope it looks promising, anyway, that's it for now... hard bits over I think... tell you what, import/export is a pain in the arse!

:foldon:

clay if the comment was to me...about rts..i was just using random screenshots from games for the gaming logos...

o, okay. yeah it was to you...i just think it looks odd that way...maybe try and find a SC or WIII pic, or some other rts...just think it would fit better.

and yeah, hardnrg, curving text is definitely a pain. I have no idea how to do it in photoshop...if there even is a way. I did it in word and copied it over...lol. getting the right curve wasn't easy that way. i wish there was a way to do it in PS. Anyone know how, for future projects? (besides doing each letter separately and rotating them accordingly)

o, okay. yeah it was to you...i just think it looks odd that way...maybe try and find a SC or WIII pic, or some other rts...just think it would fit better.

and yeah, hardnrg, curving text is definitely a pain. I have no idea how to do it in photoshop...if there even is a way. I did it in word and copied it over...lol. getting the right curve wasn't easy that way. i wish there was a way to do it in PS. Anyone know how, for future projects? (besides doing each letter separately and rotating them accordingly)

you just right click when your editing you text and then click warp text.

hmmm. i'm using photoshop 5.5....i'll have to check if i have a warp text option, or a logo creator option somewhere...i don't recall seeing either. is logo creator a plugin?

@ClayMeow: I use Illustrator for the circular text... that way I can keep it as vectors for exporting into something else (you could export>import it easily into Photoshop for example)

Argh! <_< Stupid monitor at work is SO dark... can barely see the fan... guess I'll take that into account.

I think you know yer a geek when you go home and your connection is faster and your monitor is bigger and better and your computer is faster...

Or maybe its just the years of working in an office environment with rubbish computers is finally getting to me!

No bother tho, I got accepted onto a Masters course in Computer Games Technology the other day! :D

So I'll have a blazing fast uni connection, printing centre, etc etc come September. :lol:

Bloody Compaq piece a ship...

(edit)

update, right, ok, so I got the PCB in there now...

occ_awards_prototype3_web.jpg

pretty happy with it except for the "OCC hardware text" which i'm gonna try and bring out a bit from the background and try and tone down the intensity somehow...

Does anyone else think this is cool? Do you reckon I should go for the full set along these lines?

Hi. I have created a logo for all the categories specified, and a large banner as well (don't ask why - i was bored), anyway they are available for your viewing pleasure all nicely packed in a ZIP file at: freewebs.com/dwd2/occ.zip and i have included a sample below:

upload.bmp

please post some comments. thanks :)

Only suggestion I have for Claymeow is to make the text more legible by making it lighter - tone down the inner shadow or whatever you have on there. Otherwise, they're great.

I would submit some but I have NO time right now.