Create Logo's For Occ And Make $$$$$&#036

Just a reminder since some are not following guidelines...

Why does everyone put "Hardware" on the awards? If it's "Motherboard of the Year", then it's kinda obvious that it's a hardware award. :P

I know this wasn't really pointed out at first, but we will (hopefully) be creating a page that displays each award, and talks about it. So there really isn't a need to say "Hardware/Software Award".

Though, I will admit some of them nice with "Hardware Award" in them. Though of you that do have something like that in your images, might want to consider making a set without it.

Just something to think about. ;)

I followed directions! :P

hardng, i don't really like that fan thing, no offense. Looks odd to me, and with the orange dots....i dunno. It looks cool in your sigpic, but not in the logo. I like the background image for the game awards though. And for both hardware and games, it seems like you just ripped off the example matt provided....where's the creativity in that?

uts8, you may want to try and make circle logos, as it seems most of us are doing circles, and they work a lot better.

So how much longer is this contest lasting?? It's been a while. I'm pretty happy with my submission. Unless Matt suggests me changing something, i'm just leaving it as is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hardng, i don't really like that fan thing, no offense.  Looks odd to me, and with the orange dots....i dunno.  It looks cool in your sigpic, but not in the logo.  I like the background image for the game awards though.  And for both hardware and games, it seems like you just ripped off the example matt provided....where's the creativity in that?

clay, its a 3D version of the 5-blade fan that's already dotted about on this site, usually on the occ folding banners... i modelled it myself, so it's like my baby, it's gonna have to stay...

yeah, my designs are similar to the example, but if you compare them side-by-side then you'd see they're quite a lot different...

i also used the occ fonts, colour schemes, slogan.... it's not really ripping-off... more "staying in keeping" with the occ theme with a few cunning twists...

fair dues you don't like the fan, but the pcb, man, it's gold and blue, it's hardware, surely that's occ enough already?! :P

cool, anyway, i'm gonna ftp and submit tonight anyway

occlub_recommended.jpg

finally submitted my entry... (well, a link to it anyway)

:)

hey clay, dont mean to be rude, but the "OC" on the fans could do with some improving. just some constructive criticism, but otherwise very nice. what are some of the other ones?
well i didn't create those oc fan things

hardng, i don't really like that fan thing, no offense. Looks odd to me [...] And for both hardware and games, it seems like you just ripped off the example matt provided....where's the creativity in that?

:P I made my fan...

REEOOWWR! ok, i've retracted my claws... :lol:

clay, its a 3D version of the 5-blade fan that's already dotted about on this site, usually on the occ folding banners... i modelled it myself, so it's like my baby, it's gonna have to stay...

yeah, my designs are similar to the example, but if you compare them side-by-side then you'd see they're quite a lot different...

i also used the occ fonts, colour schemes, slogan.... it's not really ripping-off... more "staying in keeping" with the occ theme with a few cunning twists...

fair dues you don't like the fan, but the pcb, man, it's gold and blue, it's hardware, surely that's occ enough already?! :P

cool, anyway, i'm gonna ftp and submit tonight anyway

occlub_recommended.jpg

well i apologize. when i first saw it, it reminded me of the "sample", but seeing it side-by-side, it's different enough...i think it was just the way the circles border it that make it look similar.

I made my fan...

REEOOWWR! ok, i've retracted my claws... 

props to you making your own fan, but like i said, i don't really like it. But i should clarify that. I think the fan itself (the actual blades) is cool and done well. But i don't like the flame or whatever it is coming out of the center. It just looks weird...like some stalagmite. Which may explain why i like your sigpic, as the stalagmite is cut off. And like i said, i'm not a fan of the orange dots. What was that original background anyways? Before you blurred it? Did you just create it yourself? But hey, i don't really want you going and improving your logos, as i want to win :P:ph34r:

and hardnrg, btw, i corrected the problem that guiness referred to with my logos a while ago, so that's no longer an issue. There was a clipping that occurred...it had nothing to do with the original image.

tempestuous, I like it. It's simple yet gets the message across. But no offense to you, i'm sure you're a great guy, but i don't really think a brand new member should be eligible for this contest, or any contest for that matter. I dunno if it states any requirement in the rules anywhere, but it should.

Every now and then I decide to take a look at an interesting post and see what's going on. I have to say, I was absolutely blown away by Claymeow's designs!! They are truly amazing and the best on this board!!! I hope you win!!

That said, no offense meant to Hardnrg, but the fact that you made the fan yourself does not hide the fact that the graphic is so unclear and ambiguous it interferes with the ultimate ability of your designs to convey what the awards are in an effective manner. This defeats the very purpose of the logo. If I put a ton of effort into building a bridge with materials all made by hand but ultimately the bridge collapses, my bridge should not beat out someone who perhaps used existing materials to build a sturdier bridge since it is the sturdiness, much like the clarity and visual appeal of the designs, not the effort, that must be the emphasis.

(edit, fock it, doesn't matter if i spill the beans, its a stock photo from... wait for it... Microsoft Office!!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! No jokes! :lol:)

lol. no jokes from me. i love office! who doesn't??

hmm, i like my stalagmite!  haha, it's supposed to be an air vortex...

Yeah, I'll probably re-render the sig-pic so it's not there... cheers for the critique dude!

yeah, that vortex was more than a bit hard to do... and yeah i'm more happy too with the fan cos that turned out exactly how i wanted relatively easy

yeah, i thought it might be some sort of air "vortex" as you say, but what confused me was how it was coming off of the one part of the fan that does NOT produce airflow, the center. heh. I guess it would look really odd if it came off the blades though.

bit harsh on tempestuous tho clay? :blink:

really? sorry bout that. I didn't think i was. I'm just merely stating that i don't think "outsiders" deserve to participate in contests. "real" OCC members should be a part of it...ones that make this community what it is. I don't have anything against tempestuous, and i didn't think i was being harsh, cause as i said, i do like the logos, i just don't think they should be considered for the prize. shrug.

Holy . dude... Like the bridge story... hahaha.  Erm, the background of mine wasn't really meant to be clear... it's supposed to be kind of vague, like hardware + fan theme, not a pin-sharp picture... i think the text stands out well, so the picture behind is more of a general theme than a photo of what the award is...

Erm, where DID you get that bridge thing from dude?! :lol:

lol, seriously! that's an interesting analogy to say the least. Thanks for the compliments btw :) much appreciated.

Sounds like something my dad might come up with on the rare occasions that we're both out drinking!!
that's cool, you go out drinking with your dad? how old r u? I've had a drink with my dad before, but never "gone out drinking". heh. but yeah, that bridge comment sounds like one of those profound comments that occur whilst drunk and/or high ;)<_>