195 C Cpu Temp!

i had my 3d cooler running at half speed for gaming as recommended. And today i decided to see wht my temps were at. I use the easy tuner 4 that came bundled with my mother board my temps last week were always around 28-30 C after gaming. I opened the program and i get flashes saying my cpu temp is too hot. The reading said 195 C. i immediately turned my 3d cooler fan speed to its highest and the temp started going down. at 191C i rebooted my comp. When windows came back up temp was at 33C using same program. Was it a glitch? Common sense says yes. But im not an expert, any comments on this. I run with the fan at full speed now. I thought for sure my hard earned cash was about to melt down into nothingness.

It had to be a glitch, if it wasn't you wouldn't be able to use your computer right now. Plus if memory serves me right A64's have built in temp shut down in case they get too hot. Man, if I saw 195C on my probe I would freak!

i did freak, i jumped up especially when i saw the F reading i think it was 380F of something. Kinda figured that at that temp my comp would have melted down terrible exp though shuold have taken for screen shot for keepsake.

yeah in a way i love overclocking but in another way i hate it because it makes me so crap nervous about any little odd sound or something coming from my pc lol i agree with the temp software being a glitch you should try MBM5 alot of people on here use that so do i an i think it's really good

I use easy tune as well and I had that happen once....cpu temps showed up as 185c....I freaked of course and shut off the computer..... :foldon: but I found that you cannot use easytune with mbm5....it seems to screw up easytune...so I just use easytune now

Yeah 195 C.... you try frying your breakfast on it? Maybe you could start a blacksmith shop and make a few custom cases. Or how bout putting a steam engine and some water on it and make your own hydropower plant....

I have seen MBM go from 90f to 135f and back and forth on some of my amd machines the alarms keeped going off, I disabled them it made my parents think I was fixing to burn down the house! That was a few months ago, there still folding and temp. changing, I probably have the older version mbm, I went by there list for those cheao mb/cpu from frys, I do not worry about them, I do not have but aroung 250.00 to 350.00 in each machine for folding if it quits today I guess I got my money worths!! :foldon::foldon::foldon: