Want To Build An Intel System

I have the rig in my sig. the 3.2EE is M0 stepping it will run right at 3.7ghz with 2 ver. of folding 24/7 with no mods to the asus board it has been running for months, and it will go over 4ghz with a vdimm voltage mod to the board, it needs the vdrop mod but I guess I gave up on it for awhile and just let it fold at 3.7ghz for now I have not messed with it since I moved I go up there once a day and check on it along with my other machines and try to reboot them once a week or 2 or when they just stop folding!

Edited by road-runner

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice overclock man......now that is what I need....something that can reach the 3.7 - 4.0 ghz range......I am going to PM Nucular and see what he can suggest as far as stepping....do retailers let you pick your own stepping?

There are some retailers that offer M0 stepping chips or at least I have seen some links posted to them before, I believe all of the 3.2 EE are M0 but they are not cheap either, I think they are cheaper now that the 3.4EE is out but I paid $1025.00 for mine when the 3.2EE first hit the martket, but also I am running a peltier cooling setup to keep it cool because it puts out a little more heat, and I wanted more than just plain old water cooling, I wish I had the prometia mach 2 modded but I just cant afford one right now, Nuclear knows more about them anyone I know, he would be the one to ask!! He may even be able to tell you where to get one, I am not sure what the 3.4EE is doing, I know I spent a lot of cash on that one system, I could have built a lot of slower ones for that money

Edited by road-runner

If you are wanting to hit the 3.7-4.0 range, then I would suggest getting a 3.0c. The SL6WU and SL6WK 30 cap units are doing rather well right now, the week 46 to 51 chips are doing awesome.

Also...I'm just giving my advice, and I can't guarantee that you'll get the OC you're looking for. All of my 3.0c chips have OC'ed well, but I've seen alot of guys who couldn't hit 240FSB. I hope you get a good chip though, would be nice to have some other 4GHz friends.

Where do you get your chips from? I am in Canada..we have tiger direct, vibe computer and such...Would it be possible to send you the cash and you could hand pick one? I would really love to be part of the 4ghz club :ph34r:

I buy all of my CPUs from PCSupplySource.com. They should ship to Canada, so you should be able to purchase a chip from them. I would e-mail them and ask to make sure. They started charging $8 extra to hand-pick your CPU, but its worth it. I would try to find a newer pack date SL6WK or a December - January SL6WU. They are very good and offer really high results.

AGH my family has a SL6WU stepping... im trying to trade him my mobo/ 2800+ for his 3.0c with a Neo2...

any suggestions?

plz i really really want that crap processor really really crap bad... he will only trade if i give him my 9600xt also. he has a geforce 4 MX 440....

please give me suggestions... I WILL DO ANYTHING!!!!!

well i just ordered a sl6wk 3.0c after talking to nuclear. packdate is april so i should get a mad ocer

wil have a machII prommie in a month

That's real good news, it'll amaze you how much sub-zero temps help a CPU. The Sl6WK should be a monster, it'll run with as low as 1.3v and handle up to 1.75v with no sweat...how's that for a voltage range.

I bet those temps do really help, I could tell the difference with just a pelt, although its -2 -5 idle full load 24/7 it eventually just gets to room temp with it, I guess I need to add a second heater core, or needs a bigger pelt or better yet a prommie, I just can not afford one right now but I sure would like to have one