Donated Computer Parts For Occ Folding Rig

almondboy72

Thank you guys so much I dont know how many times Ive said this but it means alot. Mangar suggested I should start a thread here to get the list ready in helping me build a new computer! You guys rock,

Mangar said he had a old hard drive and sound card

were alomost there

Im using my old emachines case but i will see what i can do to it maybe I could Mod it somehow to say OCC or something well see Right now i dont have the tools but im sure a friend could lend me one.

General suggested a mobo and a processor a P4!! wow im exicited its still pending on that.

Thanks you guys ill try my best to keep this updateted i have to keep coming back to my dads computer to check "whats wrong with it"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think this will fly with many members. I wanted the same thing.. and it crashed and burned. I would say, if we all gather parts to give to LP, he can just use the computer we or he build's for folding, afterall we all owe him :D .. that may fly. I would love to give you stuff if i had the money, but i dont, so.. even spare parts. BTW i would go AMD because they are cheeper "to save mone0y"

But i cant speek for all members of OCC, so lets see what they have to say !

yeah Asus I know in the past things did not work out and if they dont its cool im working either way to get a computer together for me it will be done after a few months if i keep building computers 10$ a person profit and I could pull something off.

Im not sure if you know Asus but this because I have no computer at the moment and wont for awile because of a deal that turned sour on me :(

But I have faith in everyone at OCC localguru is already sending me stuff and its going to help alot thanks man!!

Guest ThermalGuru

Here's what to expect from me.

Chaintec 9VJL3 Motherboard

ATI 7200 Video Card

The Video Card is DirectX 8.0 only. But you will be able to play some older games until you can get a better one.

I have a Powmax 400W, and two cd-burners that READ, but don't burn (I think the lens just needs to be cleaned, I am gonna buy a cleaner in the next cpl days and test it out; One is 12x Burner, the other is a 48x burner).

Edit: ThermalGuru is getting you a sweet mobo, 9VJL3 supports 400/533 socket 478. Now we just need to find you a CPU that will fit that mobo...

Edited by AYoKoNA

I have some RAM if you need it, 512 (256 x 2) of 2100.

I also have a working CD Burner (Sony) 24x burn speed but its better than nothing.

Also, any cables you need (SATA, IDE 133, Etc.) Just let me know, these are what I got off the top of my head I can dig and find more if you need it. If you decide to go AMD I can give you a lot more (the computer that was intended to be my server) but if you go p4 then its your choice. Let me know! Good luck!

Hey its 7 am and im getting ready to go to school so I stoped by to check this out you guys have made my day this list is coming out awesome thanks alot you guys! The processor I have to see how much those are. As for the cables I have some normal IDE cables maybe if I get one of those guides on how to turn normal IDE cables into some rounded ones I could always do that :) thanks again guys!