Thermal monitoring

NCC10281982B

I've been pretty much out of the performance and overclocking game years. way back in the day I used ASUS Probe (not compatible with win 10 x64) or speed fan, does that even exist anymore? So what monitoring softwares are popular these days?

HWInfo is another that can be considered. There are a lot of people that recommend it over HWMonitor but I don't think the reason necessarily still stands. It was something like HWMonitor did not always use the right sensors or read them wrong, while HWInfo did not have this issue. Comparing them now though, the data is the same on my desktop (yes, I have them both installed currently if only because I never uninstalled one or the other). Personally I like the HWMonitor interface better but HWInfo can offer a lot more information, if you are comfortable with all of it.

I use Core Temp for my CPU,.. MSI AfterBurner for GPU, HWMonitor for memory/hardware, also use GPU-Z, and CPU-Z.

I remember HWMonitor had sensor issues with socket 478 Pentium 4 chips a while back. :P