Everything Cryptocurrency Thread!

ir_cow

"When sending coins to or from Bittrex you must make sure that you always send the coins to an address that is specifically for that coin. This means that BTC must be sent to a BTC address, LTC to an LTC address, ETH to an ETH address, this holds true for all coins on Bittrex. If you have sent your coins to another coins address these coins may be recoverable, but may not be recoverable as well."

"Bittrex's cross chain recovery policy is that we will only attempt to recover deposits that exceed $5000 at the time of deposit, within 7 days of the deposit and will charge a 0.1 BTC for this recovery. Recovering coins crosschain is an inherently dangerous and time consuming process. Not all deposits can be recovered and the time frame of recovery is at our discretion."

.1 BTC is like $1,100...........

Edited by slick2500

I don't see how bittrex can recover any coins sent to the wrong address as they don't have some sort of magic backend into the blockchain....

If you send to the wrong address, and the coins don't use like adressess (btc and zcash for example) you'll hopefully get a invalid address error and not loose coins.

That said, btc address are sha256 and I believe so are fldc.., so you may have sent your fldc to a wallet controlled by someone else, or no one.

I would paste the btc address you sent the fldc to into the counterparty block explorer (or fldc block explorer if one exists.., though I doubt it) and see if your funds are there.

If they are, you are sol..., pretty much you are sol, unless you somehow sent funds to an address bittrex controls.., which would be very lucky.

I don't see how bittrex can recover any coins sent to the wrong address as they don't have some sort of magic backend into the blockchain....

If you send to the wrong address, and the coins don't use like adressess (btc and zcash for example) you'll hopefully get a invalid address error and not loose coins.

That said, btc address are sha256 and I believe so are fldc.., so you may have sent your fldc to a wallet controlled by someone else, or no one.

I would paste the btc address you sent the fldc to into the counterparty block explorer (or fldc block explorer if one exists.., though I doubt it) and see if your funds are there.

If they are, you are sol..., pretty much you are sol, unless you somehow sent funds to an address bittrex controls.., which would be very lucky.

It shows that I have 266,855.94811112 FLDC in my wallet and yes it is a Bittrex Bitcoin wallet.

8qDzwZ9.jpg

I really think the way they set this stuff up is pretty stupid. You should not have to have a separate wallet for every single coin, you should have 1 wallet 1 address that can hold whatever coin you put in it.

Edited by slick2500

It shows that I have 266,855.94811112 FLDC in my wallet and yes it is a Bittrex Bitcoin wallet.

8qDzwZ9.jpg

I really think the way they set this stuff up is pretty stupid. You should not have to have a separate wallet for every single coin, you should have 1 wallet 1 address that can hold whatever coin you put in it.

Ok, so in that screenshot. Is that your personal fldc wallet address? Or is that the bittrex btc address?

Is your personal fldc address 1HLrk2pLyWhD2qRrRG2k31TRPJYidXJjqZ?

If so. What you've done is really sent those 200thousand fldc to a fldc address that is the same as that bittrex btc address.. Bittrex may or may not be able to help.

Edit: I could be wrong, but from what I know, those coins are gone. You'd have to somehow generate the private key for that address.., not gonna happen.

there is the fact that counterparty (and as a result fldc) runs off the bitcoin network. I'm not sure how that works, so there may be some hope... hopefully.

Edited by scr4wl

We told you a long time ago the address in your folding name did not match the one you said you were using for your wallet so I have no clue how thats gonna work out.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/205209-fldc/page-31

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/205209-fldc/page-32?do=findComment&comment=2161438

You need to log into the counterwallet that has the address in your username

I thought it did that. Eh. I give up. Shutting down.

We told you a long time ago the address in your folding name did not match the one you said you were using for your wallet so I have no clue how thats gonna work out.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/205209-fldc/page-31

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/205209-fldc/page-32?do=findComment&comment=2161438

You need to log into the counterwallet that has the address in your username

I thought it did that. Eh. I give up. Shutting down.

You got a couple thousand dollars in there can you log into it?

8qDzwZ9.jpg

Ok, so in that screenshot. Is that your personal fldc wallet address? Or is that the bittrex btc address?

Is your personal fldc address 1HLrk2pLyWhD2qRrRG2k31TRPJYidXJjqZ?

If so. What you've done is really sent those 200thousand fldc to a fldc address that is the same as that bittrex btc address.. Bittrex may or may not be able to help.

Edit: I could be wrong, but from what I know, those coins are gone. You'd have to somehow generate the private key for that address.., not gonna happen.

there is the fact that counterparty (and as a result fldc) runs off the bitcoin network. I'm not sure how that works, so there may be some hope... hopefully.

That is my Bittrex bitcoin address.

Yes.

Well ****

Well hopefully I get some sort of response back tomorrow as to whether or not that can be fixed. 

I think after this Zclassic fork next week I'm going to switch back to folding. It's not more profitable, but I'm getting bored of watching the charts every week to find the best coin to mine. Its easier to setup and forget.

I think after this Zclassic fork next week I'm going to switch back to folding. It's not more profitable, but I'm getting bored of watching the charts every week to find the best coin to mine. Its easier to setup and forget.

Aint that the truth...

You just stated the reason I've been running with Nicehash this year. Watching coins was old from the start and I'm FAR too lazy for that.  I spent enough time second guessing my decisions around getting FLDC to BTC and it's the same with every trade/decision to mine a coin. 

I'll always know I could be making more, but I also know I could be making less.

• ir_cow locked this topic