Everything Cryptocurrency Thread!

ir_cow

you get scammed also?

Also?

After loosing all your coin got scammed also? How did that happen is support at bittrex fake or what?

Yup. Got scammed out of 0.1 bitcoin. That email, and pretty much anyone who contacts you on Twitter. Bittrex customer support is slow to say the least. Took them 5 days to respond to my support ticket. The entire time I had that sinking feeling in the back of my head that something wasn't right. I told the scammer I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Edited by slick2500

It's not all gone, I have 0.00595199 bitcoin in one wallet, 0.0140 bitcoin in another wallet, 0.00042394 in another and $197.46 in the bank. Plus whatever I will get at the end of the month for Foldingcoin.

I'm confused on how you got scammed. You submitted a support ticket on Bittrex only to get a gmail response? That seems really fishy. I wouldn't have gone through with it and waited for the official support page response.

Sorry you got scammed. At least people now know not to respond to gmail accounts  :wallbash:

Edit: I honestly didn't think you were going to get the coins back after sending it to the wrong address. Just because the way the address are configured. Someone has 300K of Folding Coins and someone else got .1 BTC now.

There are at least two scammer warnings on Bittrex Twitter page recently, warning users about scammers sending phony emails asking for API keys/secrets and asking for donations. https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange

Phony online scammer sites look real,.. but have a few typo's or misspelled words,..  

Need to be damn careful nowadays dealing with any cryptocoin site,.. more so if your a newbie and looking for help. 

I'v been lucky so far, haven't been scammed. I do use short cuts in my browser for all the sites I visit and most all my short cuts are a few years old,.. but a newbie searching for a site online can easily click on a phony site or respond to phony email,.. it happens all the time nowadays. 

Edited by Braegnok

I'm confused on how you got scammed. You submitted a support ticket on Bittrex only to get a gmail response? That seems really fishy. I wouldn't have gone through with it and waited for the official support page response.

Sorry you got scammed. At least people now know not to respond to gmail accounts  :wallbash:

Edit: I honestly didn't think you were going to get the coins back after sending it to the wrong address. Just because the way the address are configured. Someone has 300K of Folding Coins and someone else got .1 BTC now.

I submitted a support ticket on Sunday and just got an automated response, so I went on their twitter and asked them if someone could help me, and someone responded. Turns out that person doesn't work for Bittrex. No one from Bittrex has even responded to my Tweets.

It would also be nice if it didn't take 5 days for them to respond to a support ticket, especially when they tell you that you only have 7 days to initiate the cross chain recovery. Saying that their support is a joke is an understatement as it seems to be with pretty much every coin exchange. Trying to get any sort of support from these places is like trying to give a tiger a bath.

I know this was mostly most my own stupidity and impatience. 

I accidently sent my fldc to my my bitcoin wallet on Bittrex. And this is the response I got from them late last night.

"We have verified the coins sent in this transaction have an amount of $5000 or greater and will recover these coins for a fee of .1 BTC.

This fee must be paid from within your Bittrex account. Please login to Bittrex and withdrawal .1 BTC to the following address: *********************************************************************

Once sent please respond with the transaction id. We will also verify this transaction id from within your account.

Coin recoveries are performed in batches and could have a recovery time of over 1 month depending on the volume of cross chain recoveries.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to recovery coins sent to another coins address."

On a side note, am I the only one who gets annoyed that when you copy something from another website to here it doesn't do what every other forum on the planet does and auto format whatever it was you pasted to the correct font, size ect? And then after that whatever else you type in follows the format of whatever it was you pasted it.

Side note number 2, the real Bittrex support can't spell either.

Edited by slick2500

I submitted a support ticket on Sunday and just got an automated response, so I went on their twitter and asked them if someone could help me, and someone responded. Turns out that person doesn't work for Bittrex. No one from Bittrex has even responded to my Tweets.

It would also be nice if it didn't take 5 days for them to respond to a support ticket, especially when they tell you that you only have 7 days to initiate the cross chain recovery. Saying that their support is a joke is an understatement as it seems to be with pretty much every coin exchange. Trying to get any sort of support from these places is like trying to give a tiger a bath.

I know this was mostly most my own stupidity and impatience. 

I accidently sent my fldc to my my bitcoin wallet on Bittrex. And this is the response I got from them late last night.

"We have verified the coins sent in this transaction have an amount of $5000 or greater and will recover these coins for a fee of .1 BTC.

This fee must be paid from within your Bittrex account. Please login to Bittrex and withdrawal .1 BTC to the following address: *********************************************************************

Once sent please respond with the transaction id. We will also verify this transaction id from within your account.

Coin recoveries are performed in batches and could have a recovery time of over 1 month depending on the volume of cross chain recoveries.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to recovery coins sent to another coins address."

On a side note, am I the only one who gets annoyed that when you copy something from another website to here it doesn't do what every other forum on the planet does and auto format whatever it was you pasted to the correct font, size ect? And then after that whatever else you type in follows the format of whatever it was you pasted it.

Side note number 2, the real Bittrex support can't spell either.

Probably the same person typed both emails

• ir_cow locked this topic