Time to sell those old AMD cards!

The 290 actually hashes quite well though which is why there is demand. While still overpriced, if the difficulty stops skyrocketing it may not be the dumbest thing to purchase (although, probably not the smartest because it uses more power then a 480).

On the other hand anyone purchasing a 7970 for mining has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Edited by scr4wl

Guess I'll be listing my Asus STRIX R9390 8GD5 on eBay in the morning,.. lightly used, original retail box with all accessories $359.99 Free Shipping.  

Edited by Braegnok

Mine are left over from folding a few years ago

out of curiosity, how come you held on to them?

Just threw them on the shelf when I put in 1070s and 1080s... Previous selling experiences of used hardware is a pain for what little it brings. Posting, packing, shipping, and fees etc.

Edited by road-runner

Guess I'll be listing my Asus STRIX R9390 8GD5 on eBay in the morning,.. lightly used, original retail box with all accessories $359.99 Free Shipping. ;)

That should sell real quick, good luck.

The recent coins have additional features such as Stealth Address technology, and ASIC resistant Prof-Of-Work PoW function, thus changing the scrypt algorithm, so ASIC rigs developed for mining bitcoin are useless,.. it's back to GPU mining nowadays.  

And that's why AMD cards are sold out or holding there value vary well on eBay. https://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/Lets-Talk-About-Mining-Cryptocurrency-revisited

Edited by Braegnok

Just for reference it took 10 minutes to sell it with the "buy now" option. $20 to ship and like $10 that ebay takes. I listed it as "AS IS - NO RETURNS" which works for me every time.

I'm two sided on this. I like how I made easy money but I feel like it is a complete waste of power and I helped to kill the planet just a little faster. Why can't someone make a cyrto that uses the compute power for good!