I am in 3rd place now

bishop245

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

What's the current setup for max PPD? I'm guessing my dual 580's should be able to do better than 16k combined.  :wallbash:

AMD cards seem to put out more consistent numbers but my GTX 960 usually did 80-200k points per day on its own. My wifes 660 non ti will put down 30+ a day on it's own. Give it a couple days and you will get some nicer projects for points.

I use folding at home to heat my house in the winter, call me a wimp but where I live can get over 130 degrees hotter in the summer than the coldest days in the winter.

Edited by GabrielT

Yeah considering it was more of a hobby for me in the first place I kinda lost interest when I posted some things about issues with the newer client at the time and got a response along the lines of how I needed to read the entire forum before posting about the issue I was having and how n00bs shouldn't ask so many easy questions. Yeah at well over 30,000,000 points I didn't consider my stats very n00bish.  Add to that the general "don't care" attitude about the HUGE disparity in PPD for older client types that they claim still do good work for them (insert CPU client here) and the people telling 750 Ti users we were doing it wrong because they would crash the then current WUs just to find out that it was a total incompatibility with maxwell that last I seriously ran F@H was being taken care of just just forcing the cards to run older WUs.  Add on top of that the forced lockout of the top tier CPU WUs to guys with "only" 16 threads vs 32 for their server grade gear regardless of being able to keep up with the deadlines or not.

With that total rant based on year old info out of the way you could just say it wasn't really all that fun anymore. Now I save a fair amount on my power bill, the room's cooler, and I buy hardware with one less consideration at the time of purchase. 

• 1 month later...

I had shut all but one of my systems down after the graphics card died on one of my folding machines.. and as stated above, cpu clients dont produce much PPD. I stared folding on my file sever again but will probably shut that back down, running too hot... (when the pump died I replaced it with a cheap generic version and my temps went up at load about 15C... guess the new one doesn't have enough head pressure to support a full loop (cpu+gpu)..

If out side temp's get low enough I'll fire up a couple systems just to heat the room, other then that I'm not going to put a whole lot of effort into it.

• 2 months later...

5 generations of women in my family have had Alzheimers the female side of my family has a 75%+ of having it the male side has about a 17% chance. only 1 of the 5 generations that have had it is still alive thats my aunt in a nursing home. My mom was the last to fall to it back in febuary.

Finished dialing in the new card today and reloaded new client, will see how it goes for a few days.

Edit:

Geez!,.. just noticed I misspelled my username on new client.  :lol:

Edited by Braegnok