road-runner_FLDC_1B4BxbA8Tk3LA6Bec4P1yBf6F6sYgAmPTz

ivangela

having some issues,.. but looks like card will do 950K PPD on the 0x21 WU's or 475K per gpu with 16.4.1 crimson drivers.

Haven't got stable yet both gpu's spontaneously throw EARLY_UNIT_END errors,.. there is no precise way to tell if the EUE was due to a bad WU or a hardware error. I'm kinda leaning towards the later, so going to wipe display driver & crimson drivers and install version 16.15.2211 display driver and 16.4.2 crimson version, and reinstall folding client,..   :popcorn:  

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had trouble with the new crimson drivers on my 7970s, I had to go back to 14.9 but thats older video card. It would load the gpu but took forever to complete a frame. I used amd driver unistaller utility and tried 14.9 but windows was borked ended up reinstalling windows 7.

Might post over at the folding forum if you having issues it may be they need to do some updates to the client for that card...

seems like new driver versions helped performance,.. and removing the "-forceasm" and "-forceSSE" switch, most likely fixed EUE issues,.. panda group moderators say SSE related errors are fairly rare if your not forcing use of SSE and this error occurs. 

The Pro Duo would not be a vary cost effective folder even at 950K points per day, considering a pair of original Fury X cards only cost $1,298 dollars.

Edited by Braegnok

Well after spending a few days with the Radeon Pro Duo card,..  I can see why AMD decided to not sample the cards to hardware enthusiast media for review.

I played a few games at 2160P which is why I bought the card,.. The Witcher and Need For Speed: Pro Street, were first games,.. the card only runs on single gpu struggling to get 50 FPS with both games,.. and yesterday played Assassin's Creed Syndicate, the card uses both gpu's but struggles to get 50 FPS. 

A pair of GTX 980 Ti's is going to save you $250 dollars and will give you a smoother gaming experience. 

Needless to say the cards going back for refund.  

Edited by Braegnok