Ram Suggestions

Hey guys is been a while since i posted anything occ. I need you guys help and expertise. i am building a new rig(first intel system) in the new year but i cant decide on the ram. i dont know much about timming on ram. i want to be able to get  the most performace for my money. I am looking to spend between $80 to $150. i would love 16gb but i be fine with 8gb.

motherboard: ga-z87x-ud3h

cpu: 4770k ( ofcourse i will oc )

Buy the highest speed bin your budget will allow. A good solid 2133Mhz to 2400Mhz kit from a reputable manufacturer would do well for you. Mushkin, Patriot, G.Skill, Corsair and Kingston are all good brands. Tighter timings at higher speed bins will cost more.   

Buy the highest speed bin your budget will allow. A good solid 2133Mhz to 2400Mhz kit from a reputable manufacturer would do well for you. Mushkin, Patriot, G.Skill, Corsair and Kingston are all good brands. Tighter timings at higher speed bins will cost more.   

I kinda disagree, 1600mhz is just fine unless you're rendering a lot of video you don't need high dollar ram. Crucial ballastix has been fine for me even when I game.

I kinda disagree, 1600mhz is just fine unless you're rendering a lot of video you don't need high dollar ram. Crucial ballastix has been fine for me even when I game.

True. Im using a low voltage 1600 Kingston kit, great value. BF4 scales quite well with faster RAM. I'm not sure, but maybe in the future more games will too.

Agreed on the 1600/1866 RAM.  I assume the rig will be for gaming.  If you look at RAM benchmarks, you don't see much of an FPS increase going from 1600 to above 2000.  I have had the kit below in my system for about 3 years now and have also used it for friends builds that I've done.  Hasn't failed me yet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

For Haswell running discrete graphics,.. DDR3-2133MHz C9 is the sweet spot latency,.. the article below explains memory scaling  vary well from DDR3-1333 to DDR3-3000 on Haswell i7-4770K,.. the Conclusions: Haswell Recommendations is interesting.

Congrats on your new rig and enjoy,.. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell

For Haswell running discrete graphics,.. DDR3-2133MHz C9 is the sweet spot latency,.. the article below explains memory scaling  vary well from DDR3-1333 to DDR3-3000 on Haswell i7-4770K,.. the Conclusions: Haswell Recommendations is interesting.

Congrats on your new rig and enjoy,.. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell

good find! Since 2400 memory is just about the same price most of the time, I would just get the faster kit.