Best sporty car at or under $10,000

IVIYTH0S

Ford: Found on Road Dead...

To be honest I still love my ZX3. But I wouldn't say she's always been kind to work on...but not many cars are.

I'd recommend an SVT Focus -- but it's going to be hard to find one that hasn't been beaten on...

Lol or Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily

honestly some days there seem to be true -- one thing after another. But to be fair mine is 10 years old...almost 11 and is starting to need new rubbers. 

F***ed

Over

Rebuilt

Dodge

lulz...that works.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend an SVT Focus -- but it's going to be hard to find one that hasn't been beaten on...

Hmm I thought of those, though I feel they are more rare in the states (I know Europe really loves them), and like you said, on top of that, they will all likely have had a thrashing.

LOL

Supra anyone?

Are you willing to do any major work? If so, I would pick up a miata for like 1K, stick a v8 in it, and then go choose a nice body kits for it to turn it into what ever you like. 

Nah, looking for a get in and go (remember this is my DD car when the weather doesn't permit me to ride my motorcycle)

I would still go for a miata. You can get a body kit to make it look like the RX7 and install it without too much trouble. 

You also have lots of room for other modifications if you so desire. 

Other then that, evo. You will have to spend a lot of time hunting it down, but the AWD will be worth it. 

Hmm, Idk. Maybe

As for AWD fun cars, that 2005 WRX Wagon I posted keeps calling for me (fun/practicality/versatility)

Oh, what about something like an old porsche 924 or something like that? IDK if you like classics or not. 

It's funny you bring this up because just prior to my new car hunt, my dad sent me some CL links to a 914 and a 924. I love them but I wouldn't own them right now as my car. Maybe when I have my own place and enough money to support having a second (unnecessary) car.

That's definitely a rarity. :lol:

Porsches are fine, porsche owners are usually the ones who kill their cars.

Friend of mine got a porsche 944. It died in a month because he did not know how to drive stick. So the car was constantly on low gears and revving very high and he was constantly grinding gears. 

Neighbor bought one (panamera fortunately) and essentially did not change out the oil when he was supposed to.

And my girlfriend is still probably driving around in hers. 

*shrug* It's like mustangs. There are just as many horror stories as there are happy stories.