Wisdom teeth

Onion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

What's it like after removal? Like immediately and 6 months later?

Immediately after is lots of swelling, eating soup, and always being hungry.

I had them pulled like 2 months ago and had minor complications because they had to be pulled from the side, not downwards. I had a piece of flesh hanging off my gum because of how it was pulled. It actually fused to the gum and is normal now. You'll be fully healed within a month and life will be like it never happened. 

Honestly, it's only shit for 3-4 days, then it's bad up until the end of the first week, then it's okay for the second and gradually better, then you're good at the start of the third.

Edited by Onion

Depends on how hard they are to get to and remove, and how competent the dentist is.

Mine weren't impacting and two of them probably would not have dropped, but I had decided to get all four of them removed anyway.  The dentist had trouble locating one of them and really struggled on getting it out when he did find it.  Half of my face swelled up so much that I couldn't eat solid foods for a week (I caved in.  Got a huge craving for solid foods and completely ignored the blood and pain), and the swelling took about a month to go away.  Took maybe a few weeks after that before the phantom pains went away entirely.

I, unfortunately, did this right before starting my job, so the picture on my work ID (which I have to use to get into and out of the building every day) is a constant reminder of how much wisdom teeth extractions suck.

Edited by Kiro