[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today --

I changed out the fuel filter -- was having some issues when I had less than half a tank...should be fixed now! I didn't make too much a mess either! woot!

Also popped some rivits in on the back hatch. The last owner had punched some screws through...idiot. :rolleyes:

screw a turbo go with a supercharger :)

This. A million times this. Twin screw, of course, not centrifugal. I must be an alcoholic, because I sure love that whine! :lol:

This. A million times this. Twin screw, of course, not centrifugal. I must be an alcoholic, because I sure love that whine! :lol:

Nah. Turbo is better for power and she doesn't care about a small amount of turbo lag.

The Miata, if it's ever moving to FI, will get a supercharger. The whine makes me grin every time.

Nah. Turbo is better for power and she doesn't care about a small amount of turbo lag.The Miata, if it's ever moving to FI, will get a supercharger. The whine makes me grin every time.

More peak, but less bottom end with a turbo. I like instant power at any revs with that lovely whine. Why not an LS1 miata? That'll put balls on your chest, let alone hair. :lol:

Haven't driven enough gas out of the car yet to see if the fuel filter has solved the problem...but got a few little things done today with Waco's help!

Look at this awesome wire job I got Waco to do for me...patience and I are not good friends...:lol:

post-72615-0-03497100-1376865771_thumb.jpg

post-72615-0-42485500-1376865775_thumb.jpg

Made a spot for the start button left of the steering wheel. This was supposed to be a fix for Waco's key not starting the car. Turns out his wont start the car SIMPLY because the transducer doesn't "recognize" his key. Unfortunately to program a key to be "seen" you have to have TWO working keys...silly FORD. 

But the button is pretty cool -- I like it. It lights up BLUE!!

post-72615-0-28703400-1376865782_thumb.jpg

post-72615-0-70807700-1376865790_thumb.jpg

Ordered a couple of simple "toys", really nothing to play with, just gain a little appearance on the inside and a little functionality back as well.

• Got a new 12V plug to put in -- the current one pushes through and is missing parts to hold it in the way it's supposed to be in there. Last guy gobbed it up with electrical tape and just kinda ruined the whole thing.
  • Also got 3 new keys to cut and program -- have to go to the dealer...hope they are nice to the wallet. :P
  • I'm bidding on an ashtray replacement, as of right now it's just a hole in the dash...nice...

Looking at a couple other things -- try to convince myself to buy them tonight...haha

Also cleaned my clutch switch again to get the contacts working. Like Waco said, it's just a bad design...

I still love the little Blue Machine...even if it is a FORD and should have been left on the side of the road...lol