[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

Blah to Mythos :P I won't argue on the exhaust with you anymore -- I like it so that's really all that matters. :woot:

On another note...

Just finished routing the wiring for these!! :D

attachicon.gif IMG_20130711_182326_706.jpg

Awesome components for the doors. Need to get some MDF to build a box for my subs still -- the tiger ran them with infinite baffle, so with no "trunk" something has to change. lol The wires all routed for the whole deal and I'm so excited to almost have some muzak in the car again! Car doesn't even have a clock atm.

Also, unrelated, got this piece of paper in the mail yesterday :whoa:

attachicon.gif IMG_20130711_181743_809.jpg

You're right, I mean you do what makes you happy. just sharin' my opinions.

Congratulations on that acceptance letter!! Once I get my BS, no more school for me!!

More air in and more air out always equate to an increase in power regardless of any power adders.  A cold air intake and free flowing exhaust are some of the cheapest ways to increase power and torque to start and work as a baseline for all other additions.

Oh yeah of course, just saying, I only want people to KNOW about me when I have something to SHOW them. Kinda glad I didn't get an exhaust with how everything's ended up with my car. Though i've done more indepth mods.

Congrats on the master's program acceptance!  Btw, don't listen to IVI. Dude is crazy. :P:lol:

PSSH, methodical madness is what I'm about.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding the intake and exhaust enhancements are the methodical ways to start any performance additions to any engine since they are needed as you replace that intake and or cam(s) or add or upgrade a turbo since the same general principles apply. If you add items that boost power by moving more air (the engine is essentially an air pump) yet you use the stock intake and exhaust pieces you end up with less power than you were expecting. 

Back when I had my 66 mustang the best add on's for power started with a free flowing dual exhaust from the headers back,  followed up with the intake, carb and cam. Essentially that same formula holds true today minus the carb if you are working on a late model then look at injectors and a reflash of the ECU. 

Cant wait to see how this one turns out!  

4-5 hours today spent pulling out the stock exhaust. whew  :slap:

Stubborn, dirt smothered, stuck bolts. Two I manged to pop loose actually were more than loose; they decided to break free from their welds and become NOT removable. :P

The previous guy also (or the shop) had welded the 4 inch tip to the frame in the back. Needless to say lacking the tools needed it allowed some stress relief with a hammer...

After all that I literally threw the parts in our driveway just to make some noise. 

Got the header in place -- struggled to line up the EGR Valve deal -- and decided it was time for some food at 9PM :P

At least we got the stereo in today...that's the real way to make noise!!  :D

I hate EGR valves. We're going to bypass the whole damn thing.

The stereo, even with it's temporary sub, bumps. A lot. It makes me jealous. :lol:

ARRRG. 

So was too angry to update this past weekend, but the header has been pulled out. Damn thing didn't fit with the flex pipe. Damn people sold me one that didn't fit...

The rest of the parts fit; but that means I'm stuck with cat-back with the original (stock) header and stupid cat back in. UGH!!!!

Also -- have some pictars to share -- waiting on new drivers to install...then will post! 

Starts to the stereo --

Pulled this from the tiger -- nothing too special, just needed a generic head unit

post-72615-0-55004500-1374030553_thumb.jpg

These speakers are surprisingly awesome -- real tweaters mounted in the door panels too -- no pic for you yet...

post-72615-0-39912900-1374030549_thumb.jpg

Cables routed well...

post-72615-0-57110000-1374030557_thumb.jpg

And things fit nicely up front...

post-72615-0-67388700-1374030562_thumb.jpg

I'm runnig two amps -- one to feed the front components and one for the dual 12"'s I'll be rocking in the back...also from the tiger -- just need Waco to build me a box...hehehe

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

doing good there Blue. cant wait to see/hear your new toy rolling/booming :popcorn: ....god i missed my setup :rolleyes:

cant return the header?

Working on a return deal with the seller atm. Trying to get return shipping paid for. It's just a defect from the people they buy from -- but the entire batch they have seems to be botched. So for now just a return is in my future. Saves me a bit of money for the time being -- so who knows what I'll have to get instead...haha

doing good there Blue. cant wait to see/hear your new toy rolling/booming :popcorn: ....god i missed my setup :rolleyes:

cant return the header?

Working on a return deal with the seller atm. Trying to get return shipping paid for. It's just a defect from the people they buy from -- but the entire batch they have seems to be botched. So for now just a return is in my future. Saves me a bit of money for the time being -- so who knows what I'll have to get instead...haha

hoping the deal comes out smoothly.

moar pictars please! :)