[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promised myself I wouldn't get an exhaust on my car until it was the last thing I could do performance wise (as I don't think a car deserves to be LOUD before it has POW)

Better exhaust means more power...not necessarily more noise.

I promised myself I wouldn't get an exhaust on my car until it was the last thing I could do performance wise (as I don't think a car deserves to be LOUD before it has POW)

This. New long tube header and removal of the cat is an automatic step up in flow and a step up in power as well.

Wasn't getting it to be loud either...probably will still have to take it to the shop to tone it down. Haha

Besides I don't have the coin to dump into a Turbo or anything that will add a ton of power.

But aren't you dissatisfied with it's noise level and therefore aiming to make it louder lol. I'm not saying you two are going to irresponsibly make it a fart box machine, just saying I like to let the world know I'm there when the car is a force to be reckoned with, ya know?

Then again I'm kind of an idiot since I have a header on my car and still a stock catback :lol:

This. New long tube header and removal of the cat is an automatic step up in flow and a step up in power as well.

Wasn't getting it to be loud either...probably will still have to take it to the shop to tone it down. Haha

Besides I don't have the coin to dump into a Turbo or anything that will add a ton of power.

Why remove the cat?? You might as well go build up an old carburetor vehicle if you wanna get cheap hp at the cost of making it dirtier. Keep it classy, leave the cat! :P

Oh, well I was mistaken above. My bad!

No shame in just getting some bolt-ons or tuning it our all N/A

Why remove the cat?? You might as well go build up an old carburetor vehicle if you wanna get cheap hp at the cost of making it dirtier. Keep it classy, leave the cat! :P

Carbs are terrible for smooth power and good economy. :lol: The stock cat is in a terrible position literally 6-8" from the block. There may be some room to add a high-flow cat when we get it into the shop but for now, it'll do without.

She has other toys that came in too but I think she's working on the car now (I have to work today and she doesn't). :P

Carbs are terrible for smooth power and good economy. :lol: The stock cat is in a terrible position literally 6-8" from the block. There may be some room to add a high-flow cat when we get it into the shop but for now, it'll do without.

She has other toys that came in too but I think she's working on the car now (I have to work today and she doesn't). :P

My car had a small muffler 2" from the muffler that's obviously gone since it was part of the old manifold, so I can get and idea of the sort of silly engineering that can take place. I guess it makes sense why you'd want it gone but I'll be hounding ya for that hi flow cat. (I was joking about the carbs, I'd never wish them on my worst enemy)

Blah to Mythos :P I won't argue on the exhaust with you anymore -- I like it so that's really all that matters.  :woot:

On another note...

Just finished routing the wiring for these!! :D

post-72615-0-26822200-1373644869_thumb.jpg

Awesome components for the doors. Need to get some MDF to build a box for my subs still -- the tiger ran them with infinite baffle, so with no "trunk" something has to change. lol The wires all routed for the whole deal and I'm so excited to almost have some muzak in the car again! Car doesn't even have a clock atm.

Also, unrelated, got this piece of paper in the mail yesterday  :whoa:

post-72615-0-02936800-1373644891_thumb.jpg

More air in and more air out always equate to an increase in power regardless of any power adders.  A cold air intake and free flowing exhaust are some of the cheapest ways to increase power and torque to start and work as a baseline for all other additions.