[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always used liquid nail to seal the inside of my custom boxes and never had an air leak in my sealed enclosers. I am also not a fan of vented boxes. I prefer the deepness of a sealed box over the loudness of a vented box. Hence I am curious if you have tried the Smart Tools app I talked about to see how loud yours is Panda? :)

It's well over anything we can measure with our phones. :P

What does the app on your phone max at? I tried it on my SGS II with my exhaust (wanted to see how stupidly loud it is) only to find out my phone doesn't recognize anything over 90 dBa. It reads 90 dBa on idle and on high revs. 

Edited by Onion

I doubt any phone will read much over 90 dB. I'd put the stereo at 120 dB easy - I had to drop the sub level quite a bit to avoid overpowering the components.

yup my s3 stops at 84 my tab 2 stops at 83 and my s2 stops at 90. so I can't tell how many db I am getting with my 10's lol. Maybe i should research so mic's for my fones to see if I can get any better results

Not having any issues with panel rattles?

Not too bad actually despite having pulled the entire interior and putting it back in. The bass actually over powers most of the rattles there are...lol. There are some I will have to fix -- at least the licence plate on the outside of the car...haha

Not having any issues with panel rattles?

Not too bad actually despite having pulled the entire interior and putting it back in. The bass actually over powers most of the rattles there are...lol. There are some I will have to fix -- at least the licence plate on the outside of the car...haha

Coming from an ex Ford owner, don't lie. The rattles will rattle you to death. :lol: