Xbox One

bp9801

Microsoft Illumiroom cancelled. MS thinks you're too poor to afford a projector for an optional feature or they really wanted to make a proprietary device to make money off of it haha. They should cancel HDMI ports too, because I can't afford a HDTV :rolleyes:

Demo projector costs $700. I think that MS exec added an extra zero by mistake. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/IllumiRoom-Kinect-Field-of-Vision-Xbox-Infinity-InFocus-IN126ST,22312.html

Edited by AZNguyen

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Forza 5, right? UK versions of the Day One console include a choice between it and FIFA 14, which is pretty nice imo.

haha, yup, edited my last post. I was just playing that last night.

• 3 weeks later...

So evidently, due to the Xbox One's slot loading drive, the console can pretty much only be horizontal. No standing it vertically since MS says it's "at your own risk." It also "wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both."

Funny, because the PlayStation 3 has a slot loading drive and can stand vertically just fine. The PS4 has one too, and it can stand vertically too.

So evidently, due to the Xbox One's slot loading drive, the console can pretty much only be horizontal. No standing it vertically since MS says it's "at your own risk." It also "wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both."

Funny, because the PlayStation 3 has a slot loading drive and can stand vertically just fine. The PS4 has one too, and it can stand vertically too.

Honestly, who gives a crap? I haven't known anyone to stand their consoles vertically. The only time I've ever seen a console vertically is in some store displays. Hell, most TV stand units don't even fit a vertical box.

Honestly, who gives a crap? I haven't known anyone to stand their consoles vertically. The only time I've ever seen a console vertically is in some store displays. Hell, most TV stand units don't even fit a vertical box.

My PS3 has been standing vertically for most of the time I've had it. When I use my TV stand (no room for it right now) it's horizontal, but when it's on my dresser (like it has been for all but one year since 2006), it has to be vertical. No room for a TV, PS3, and 360 otherwise.

I do in order to save space on my desk.

• 2 weeks later...

cg38Fb9.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm sure we all remember the whole TV, TV, TV, TV, Sports, TV, thing. They've pretty much confirmed what we were expecting in that the TV functionality on your Xbox One will only work if you're in the USA. It "might" come to other regions at a later date

The Xbox One definitely won't have launch-day access to the live TV Electronic Program Guide.

Quickflix, SBS and TENPlay are among the Australian internet video highlights for the Xbox One and they're set to go live within weeks of the November 22 launch. Of course you will have access to the Xbox Live music and video services, plus you'll find Machinima, Crackle, MUZU TV, TED and Twitch