Thinking of Upgrading

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCZ has been great to me (in the form of PC Power and Cooling), and they usually have really sweet deals on the Silencer 750W that blow away the competition with price and quality.

Thanks.  Good to finally hear something positive about OCZ PSU

I'm fine with most company's until their RMA support fails and than I'll never buy from them again . It's happened a few times . Now I'm just picky and pay a bit more for brands I believe in .

I can only remember having to RMA a computer component once, and that was with the OCZ memory sticks I bought for my first build.  Had to put the build on hold because of that.  Wasn

Crucial is very easy to work with in my experience. Their RAM is top-notch (it's Micron's high-end brand) and you generally won't ever have compatibility issues with them.

My G.Skill Sniper set (4x4 GB) causes boot loops on my main desktop in ~1 in 5 boots. G.Skill says it's a motherboard problem, Gigabyte says it's a memory issue. Neither will do anything to fix it so I just live with it. I'm pretty sure it's a memory issue since the Mushkin and Samsung sets I've got laying around run just fine. :lol:

Memory is Memory is Memory gentlemen...buy the cheapest sticks at 1600mhz with CL9 or better. Those crucials would be a great choice or these AMD sticks (because honestly, you're not going to see the real life difference)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820103036

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Memory is Memory is Memory gentlemen...buy the cheapest sticks at 1600mhz with CL9 or better. Those crucials would be a great choice or these AMD sticks (because honestly, you're not going to see the real life difference)

Ooh go with this.

I didn't see them (or they just dropped in price) when I looked. I'm tempted to buy a set just to run AMD memory in my Intel board. :lol:

Ooh go with this.

I didn't see them (or they just dropped in price) when I looked. I'm tempted to buy a set just to run AMD memory in my Intel board. :lol:

Haha that would be so awesome, or find an old nforce board that supported ddr3 and do it :D

I'd go with the low voltage Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz kit.  Tight timings at stock frequency and so much flexibility with what you can do voltage wise and timing wise if you want to push them harder.