Disney buys LucasFilm, Plans Star Wars Episode VII for 2015

bp9801

Okay, I didn't hate the prequels like most with the exception of Jar Jar. I really don't know what I want out of these movies. I do want better actors. Hayden Christiansan was terrible. If they go with the kids of Han and Leia or Luke has kids than I think the parents should be dead and just referenced. I do not want to see those old farts especially the two that can't act in it.

I have never read any of the books or comics so I don't know what other content there is. I think they should go with rebuilding the Jedi order and some new threat.

I agree with this. New actors are fine with me.

It will be interesting to see what stories they end up using for the movies though because, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of the post-RotJ stories unofficial? Meaning none have been recognized by Lucas as, "Yes, that happens." Basically, I'm thinking that with only one exception, they cannot make these movies without irritating one group of fans or another, because they didn't make into film their favorite storyline. However that one exception would be the actually third trilogy Lucas did plan on, and mentioned in at least one interview. As that would be official, who could really complain (unless it's a bad story)? Of course, the notes on that, may not have been part of the bargain.

No matter what though, it will be interesting. Also, it will be interesting if Disney realizes, 'Hey, you know what would make us money? Release the original trilogy without the added graphics, newly restored and remastered!' That would be awesome, and I could see it bringing in quite a lot of money for them, as well as giving them brownie points with a fair portion of the fan base.

Yeah only problem is Lucas destroyed the originals after he made the enhanced versions of Episode IV, V & VI :/

Yeah only problem is Lucas destroyed the originals after he made the enhanced versions of Episode IV, V & VI :/

I think the laserdisc versions would be the best bet, if someone still has them.

I think the laserdisc versions would be the best bet, if someone still has them.

I still have my laserdisc versions of starwars. The original untouched and the 1997 special editions.

Looks like Michael Arndt is going to be writing the screenplay for Episode VII. He previously wrote Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine.

New trilogy is supposedly going to bring the Skywalker saga to a close, with appearances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. Note appearances, which could mean Episodes VII through IX will be about Han and Leia's children and Luke and (hopefully) Mara's son.

All good movies, series, tv shows, what have you...DIE with their actors.

If the actors die (or become SOOOOO OLD) then there should be no more.

Only 007 can be an exception -- as he's one man that they've found many to look the same...

Only 007 can be an exception -- as he's one man that they've found many to look the same...

What about when the TMNT goto college??

I do not want to see those old farts especially the two that can't act in it.
the two being...?

New trilogy is supposedly going to bring the Skywalker saga to a close, with appearances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. Note appearances, which could mean Episodes VII through IX will be about Han and Leia's children and Luke and (hopefully) Mara's son.
going need to bring out the special effects team that worked on jeff bridges in tron 2 if they dont want luke looking like the emperor and leia like... yeah not going there. Seriously though. They got old. real old.

what about the million and one Hulk recasts (ok only 4 counting the tv series staring Lou Ferrigno)?