Club Windows 8

wevsspot

Well, people may bash Windows 8 etc, but I actually really like it. I've been using it for no more than 2-3 minutes now. The first thing I tried doing was play a song. I love how everything is really integrated. I used to hate having clutter on the ribbon toolbar, so all I ever had was Chrome, Explorer, Skype, and Windows Media Player. Now I can have a bunch of stuff, but have it all out of sight in the new start UI, which is really cool. Everything is right there where I need it, but its not cluttering anything up. For music all I had to do was go to start, music, pick an album, and bam, easy as that. Before I'd have to scroll through a MASSIVE playlist of albums where every single song was displayed, or have to type keywords to find the band I want. So far, I like Windows 8 a lot. I'm gonna look around a bit more and fiddle with it and report back.

Edit: Damn, I'm already missing Win 7. I got an annoying UAC pop up and now I'm looking for how to access the run function to search for UAC and disable it. Also, where the hell is MSCONFIG now? :lol:

Edit 2: Just linked up my Windows Live account with Windows 8. This is pretty sweet.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Well, people may bash Windows 8 etc, but I actually really like it. I've been using it for no more than 2-3 minutes ( :woot::woot: ) now.

Edit: Damn, I'm already missing Win 7.

Edit 2: This is pretty sweet.

:rofl:

Thanks for the funny post, and by all means continue on. :P

:popcorn:

See what happens when a novice gets there hands on it. My wife, who is geek silly, has watched me using Windows 8 and today she was getting a new, bigger, SSD for her system and asked if I would upgrade her to Windows 8. She is at work and I just finished the install. Will let you know tonight what she things.

Edit: Damn, I'm already missing Win 7. I got an annoying UAC pop up and now I'm looking for how to access the run function to search for UAC and disable it. Also, where the hell is MSCONFIG now? :lol:

Edit 2: Just linked up my Windows Live account with Windows 8. This is pretty sweet.

Windows Key + R and type "msconfig" :)

UAC control is in same place as Windows 7. Control Panel > User Accounts > UAC Settings

Windows Key + R and type "msconfig" :)

UAC control is in same place as Windows 7. Control Panel > User Accounts > UAC Settings

Thanks.

Another problem. When I plug in the power to my laptop, my screen goes black for a second and then comes back on. Also, one time the screen went black and didn't turn back on. Is this a known issue?

The thing I hate the most about Win8 is if you change your mobo you have to buy a new key, you simply can't reactivate it even via automated phone system. Boss called up one of the reps and he said you have to buy a new key, this is in the license agreement blah blah.down2.gif

The thing I hate the most about Win8 is if you change your mobo you have to buy a new key, you simply can't reactivate it even via automated phone system. Boss called up one of the reps and he said you have to buy a new key, this is in the license agreement blah blah.down2.gif

Man that sucks :(

Edited by EuroFight

Well that's a load of crap. I wanted to go back to Windows 7 and give my dad my Windows 8 key. :unsure:

If you buy an upgrade copy, you need to have a previous Windows installation, however, if the install is anything like Windows 7 you can install by simply installing it a second time over your previous Windows 8 installation

If you're installing on separate drive /partition(I bought an SSD) you have option to install fresh instance as a full install disk

This is with win8pro, cheapest of them all

If installing over previous win8 customer eval. Version, install will tell you that you cannot upgrade, CannoT keep programs

As for activation in case of failure/changes, telephone registration is still a relatively quick option.

Enjoy!

Well, the only thing left to do there is...

1) Motherboard finally croaks

2) Take dump on motherboard

3) Write small post it note along with it saying "in recognition of the Windows 8 non-transferable keys portion of the license agreement, here is the motherboard you now own"

4) Package up (maybe seal in bag for maximum stink at the time of reception!!)

5) Put fake or no return address

6) Enjoy Microsoft