Smart Phone Comparison

Fogel

Which Smart Phone do you prefer? (say why below)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which Smart Phone would you pick if buying today?

• Sony Xperia T / TX
    • HTC One X
    • Samsung Galaxy S3
    • Nokia Lumia 920
    • iPhone 5
    • Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx
    • (other - specify in topic)
    • None - Don't want to pay for a data plan (I don't have a smart phone)
    • None - Don't want to pay for a data plan (I do HAVE a smart phone)

Really?? My "lowly" single core hummingbird @ 1ghz still runs everything snappy and buttery for the most part. I can overclock to 1.4ghz if I feel like it but 1ghz and even 800mhz is still plenty zippy, I can't see how you'd be even thinking about upgrading being "one step newer" from me. This whole cores race is silly for a phone with software that's barely, if at all, making my 1 cylinder bog. I think RAM is what they should focus on (and making some more quality keyboard phones to saturate the market, screw touchscreen only!! The Photon Q is abysmal!)

I just got CM9 recently, and its running at stock CPU speeds, 1512 mhz dual core. Its faster than its ever been with other ROMs, even those with 1786 mhz overclocking. Basically, I'm not upgrading for a long time, I love my phone.

Side note, I love my touchscreen only phone. I type so fast on Swiftkey X that it struggles to keep up. I wish I could use Swype with the Swiftkey X predictions, that'd be sweet.

Edited by Onion

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got CM9 recently, and its running at stock CPU speeds, 1512 mhz dual core. Its faster than its ever been with other ROMs, even those with 1786 mhz overclocking. Basically, I'm not upgrading for a long time, I love my phone.

Better post!! lol

Yeah I found a ROM I liked and am sticking with it, haven't tried the CM ROMs in like....FOREVER (since my Hero for sure), when I'm not so busy anymore maybe I'll give one a try. Everyone seems pretty apeshit crazy about them.

I'm running a humble, streamlined, 2.3.3 ROM that I'm very happy with.

The CM seemed to always be prettiness over lightweight and seemed more hardware hungry (which translated into worse battery life) but maybe they've improved in the MANY versions that have evolved since the first ones I tried.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Better post!! lol

Yeah I found a ROM I liked and am sticking with it, haven't tried the CM ROMs in like....FOREVER (since my Hero for sure), when I'm not so busy anymore maybe I'll give one a try. Everyone seems pretty apeshit crazy about them.

I'm running a humble, streamlined, 2.3.3 ROM that I'm very happy with.

The CM seemed to always be prettiness over lightweight and seemed more hardware hungry (which translated into worse battery life) but maybe they've improved in the MANY versions that have evolved since the first ones I tried.

Its my first CM rom, actually. I love it. I had a Team Kang gingerbread for a long time (back when everyone was on CM 8), and that was really good as well. Then I went on to Darkside ICS, which didn't have ANYTHING on CM9. They released a new Darkside update, but I'm just not going to bother, I'm happy with CM 9. I just wish it had wifi calling, and Darkside does. :/

CM 9 does well on my battery, way better than Darkside.

Its my first CM rom, actually. I love it. I had a Team Kang gingerbread for a long time (back when everyone was on CM 8), and that was really good as well. Then I went on to Darkside ICS, which didn't have ANYTHING on CM9. They released a new Darkside update, but I'm just not going to bother, I'm happy with CM 9. I just wish it had wifi calling, and Darkside does. :/

CM 9 does well on my battery, way better than Darkside.

How good is the battery life compared to the Team Kang?? It may be similar to what I'd see changing from my "Sleeper Rom" to a CM9 derivative.

Wifi calling sounds pretty neat, I've not seen a ROM offer that before :O but then again I'm not up with the latest any greatest haha

How good is the battery life compared to the Team Kang?? It may be similar to what I'd see changing from my "Sleeper Rom" to a CM9 derivative.

Wifi calling sounds pretty neat, I've not seen a ROM offer that before :O but then again I'm not up with the latest any greatest haha

I forget, but I can peak at 8 hours with constant texting now on CM9.

Its a T-Mobile thing, stock ROM has it.

A data plan is how you access the internet and such on your phone. If you own a dumb phone, like I got, you don't have to pay this because it would just be wasted money so people in my shoes just pay for extra/unlimited txts.

That makes it a bit clearer thanks. We South Africans just get a monthly invoice for the amount of data we use because our phones aren't locked to a specific service provider. I've had my S3 for about 2 months but I don't use it, the only reason I have it is because I qualified for it with my existing contract. I'm really not into phones. Gimme my good ol' desktop pc any day. It may not be able to fit in my pocket but then I don't need it to.

It looks like it based on the pictures. You can see the line where the back cover meets the phone. I'm sure with how well the aesthetics are on that phone, if it wasn't a removable battery/cover, it wouldn't have that ya know?

You didn't read did ya :P

To quote myself

@Fogel

Xperia T and the AT&T version of the T will have a non-removeable battery granted it costs next to nothing to get it replaced by a tech at the store anyway. However for uses that like to root their phones its a bit annoying as you can't pop the battery if things lock up and crash.

The TX which is virtually identical has a removeable battery not sure which phone my country will get yet but I will most likely buy the TX and have it shipped here.

You didn't read did ya :P

To quote myself

Then the styling just lost a few points for giving the illusion of a user serviceable battery cover...

A tech can't travel with me every where or toss me a battery while he charges the other so i have no downtime.

I no longer care about that phone :P

Then the styling just lost a few points for giving the illusion of a user serviceable battery cover...

A tech can't travel with me every where or toss me a battery while he charges the other so i have no downtime.

I no longer care about that phone :P

And you also missed the bit about the TX being the one which does have the removable battery? haha So do you always carry a spare battery with you?

If my battery is dying and it needs to be replaced I get quite a bit of notice and will need to go into a store to get a new one, where they can replace it for me.

And you also missed the bit about the TX being the one which does have the removable battery? haha So do you always carry a spare battery with you?

If my battery is dying and it needs to be replaced I get quite a bit of notice and will need to go into a store to get a new one, where they can replace it for me.

Yeah I do, I actually have two spares but I have a really strong one that can do it all on it's own, I just use the second strongest while the other charges. Something's wrong with the third so it's never used...it only holds like 1200mAh now while the second fluctuates between 1700-1900mAh and the best one is up at ~2600mAh