My New Rig!

vyroburn

Hey guys,

So I ended up getting all the parts that I had asked for for my birthday. Here are the specs of the new computer.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k (ivy bridge)

MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

RAM: G.Skill RipJaw Z Series 8GB DDR3-2400

PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850w

GPU: Saphire HD 5750 (SOON TO BE REPLACED)(TEMP CARD TILL PAYDAY)

HD: Dual Seagate Barracuda 7200. [sT3500413AS] 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s in RAID-0

Current Overclocked Speeds

CPU: 4200.70 MHz @ 42c

RAM: 1200.2 MHz

dTG1W.pngI3pQr.png

I am going to tweak it more when I get a new CPU cooler. But for now, I am pretty impressed with the clock speeds.

Now some screen shots!

My cat protecting the goods!

SagtK.jpg

Mobo

dgao9.jpg

ram

p9u1n.jpg

CPU

Oiw6D.jpg

PSU

ZqbD2.jpg

unboxing

koyAM.jpg

Pretty! no pins broken lawl

9tMK4.jpg

finished product

BrUq9.jpg

oh ya! Super Happy!

sfv3V.jpg

Edited by vyroburn

So I ended up getting all the parts that I had asked for for my birthday

Edited by Trankop

Well guys, I have some bad news about my new build. Red1776 stated "what is up with single channel?", and this got me digging. And well here is an e-mail excerpt I have written to ASRock, with my findings.

Support,

I recently brought the Asrock Extreme z77 Extreme 4 motherboard, my full pc specs is given below

1. Intel i5 3570K

2. Asrock Extreme 4

Let me elaborate on the problem,

The motherboard has four ram slots - A1,A2,B1,B2. In the manual its mentioned that for dual channel configuration the rams should be either installed in slots A1,B1 or A2,B2.

So, i installed my ram in slot A1,B1 - my motherboard failed to start. It showed error code 55 , which means memory not installed.

Then i tried on slot A2,B2 - again the system failed to boot. I got the same error 55

I was pretty frustrated. But then i tried the rams on slot A1,A2. Everything worked fine, system boots up and i had no problem.

But I was curious about this problem. I wanted to know what was happening . So I tried installing both rams in all possible slot configuration.

Slots A1,A2 - Working

Slots A1,B1 - Not Working

Slots A2,B2 - Not Working

Slots A1,B2 - Not Working

Slots A2,B1 - Not Working

Slots B1,B2 - Not Working

But then result were confusing. So i tried single ram in all possible configuration.

Slots A1 - Working

Slots A2 - Working

Slots B1 - Not Working

Slots B2 - Not Working

After all these tests, one thing is clear that is only slots A1,A2 are working and others slots were not working. I decided that the problem was with motherboard.

Research told me that this problem may be caused due to bent socket pins in the motherboard.

I removed my processor from motherboard to examine the cpu socket. I was right. I found a bent pin.

As you can plainly see there is one bent pin that goes the opposite direction of the other pins on the right hand side of the socket.

20120918_015042.jpg

I was rather stunned by this because I took great care whilst putting in the CPU, while following the motherboard manuals specifications. Knowing that I had not placed the CPU in the socket wrongly I started to question if I had actually bent the pin during installation. Luckily I had taken picture before the CPU had even been seated!

Per the following picture:

If you take the image and zoom in, you can tell that the light is shining differently in the exact same spot as to where the bend is. (let me reiterate that the CPU has not been seated at this point.)

*note* this picture was taken on 9/16/2012 @ 6:15PM20120916_181529.jpg

Now that this is stated, I have a picture to where I have actually seated the processor with a later date (not knowing there was, or would be a problem), the results can be viewed in the following picture:

*note* this picture was taken on 9/16/2012 @ 6:24PM20120916_182438.jpg

My question(s) to you support, are the following:

Is there any scenario where I would qualify for your RMA process? Seeing as though the documentation is in order?

If not, what would the proper procedure be to get this motherboard repaired / replaced?

I read your RMA process thoroughly as well as new eggs RMA policy (were the board was purchased). From my findings it seems as though I would be disqualified from the official RMA process, due to the fact that this qualifies as physical damage to the motherboard.

My second question to you support, is the following:

What is my next step?

I appreciate your time for reading this lengthy e-mail, and I trust in your judgment.

Thank you,

Blaine C. Britton

Edited by vyroburn

Go hard and bend the pin back if you can't return it or sacrifice two dimms seems to be the only two options. I had to bend two pins back on a asus z68 board a few months ago all you need is patience, a needle and well a magnifying glass never hurts.

Edited by Jenova69